Mum has Dementia

S.tephen

Dec 16, 2018
Hi Guys

Just joined up today as our mum has Demetia

She's 75 in April and had it for a while but just recently has taken a bit of a dive

We are under the centre at the local hospital in Essex and have our repeat appointment January

As things have gotten worse just this week we have ordered a ring door bell, mainly for when she locks herself out we can still talk to her and I can keep an eye on her comings and goings, plus 3 cctv cameras for the house, very intrusive but nesessery given the last few weeks, a rail in the bath/shower and an outdoor security light

Mum is still able to live on her own with her dog with me and my brother calling in on an almost daily basis

We are looking to get some home help in the new year but don't really know where to start, we have looked at the NHS web pages and will go from there

I will have a nose round the site and see what tips I can garner

Merry Xmas all

Cheers

Stephen

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hullo and welcome to TP, Stephen. You will certainly find a mine of information here, though if yu feel you may need other support for setting up home help then asking social services for a care needs assessment is a good place to start. Also, your local AgeUK and Alz Society as well a local carer support centre are also worth finding.
http://carers.org and https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/find-support-near-you may help you.

Cazzita

May 12, 2018
Hello Stephen and good luck. Loads of information on here and any questions, just ask. We are all going through it and learning as we go :)

Catkin26

Mar 3, 2016
Hope you get some help! I have a similar situation but my mum won't let us help. You seem so caring and very organised

Hi Guys

Just joined up today as our mum has Demetia

She's 75 in April and had it for a while but just recently has taken a bit of a dive

We are under the centre at the local hospital in Essex and have our repeat appointment January

As things have gotten worse just this week we have ordered a ring door bell, mainly for when she locks herself out we can still talk to her and I can keep an eye on her comings and goings, plus 3 cctv cameras for the house, very intrusive but nesessery given the last few weeks, a rail in the bath/shower and an outdoor security light

Mum is still able to live on her own with her dog with me and my brother calling in on an almost daily basis

We are looking to get some home help in the new year but don't really know where to start, we have looked at the NHS web pages and will go from there

I will have a nose round the site and see what tips I can garner

Merry Xmas all

Cheers

Stephen