Revoking a POA - who confirms capacity?

Jillysvintage

May 28, 2018
I have lasting POA for my mother who has Lewy Body Dementia. She wanted to revoke this as her delusional behaviour was centred around me. My nephew started the process around 7 months ago for him to be her attorney and ‘is waiting for some more forms to be signed’ so it is STILL in my name. I believe her solicitors asked for a capacity assessment as they were aware she had the diagnosis and I can only assume his may be part of the delay. So, who completes a capacity assessment in 5is set of circumstances? Neither Social services or mental health appear to have done this.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
I would imagine she or your nephew would have to arrange this with a doctor and probably not her GP. Do you want this to happen or not?

Jillysvintage

May 28, 2018
I would imagine she or your nephew would have to arrange this with a doctor and probably not her GP. Do you want this to happen or not?
I am thinking her GP did it privately and I may know tomorrow but 7 months? It seems to me very odd. I think I have reached the stage I don’t want to know anymore, but I know my nephew is not the right one to take it on. Thank you for the reply.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Revoking a POA - who confirms capacity?

Ask the OPG what document/statement and signatory they will accept.

concerned4

Jun 3, 2012
As far as I am aware it is the consultant from the psychiatric hospital, then to a solicitor who signs off paperwork sending to the OPG.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbertm