Dance me to the end of love

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
I have never been any good at dancing but this is one song that always got my wife up to do my version of a waltz. I was singing it when I was in the shower this morning and continued as I was getting dressed and soon we were dancing around the bedroom. The briefest glimpse of my wife as she once was, then almost immediately all the usual questions and confabulations returned. Leonard Cohen's words may be enigmatic but that is nothing compared to the enigma that is now my wife.

"Dance me to the wedding now, dance me on and on
Dance me very tenderly and dance me very long
We're both of us beneath our love, we're both of us above
Dance me to the end of love"

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
@northumbrian_k - that is one of my favourite songs. We were in Prague the week Cohen died and that song was going round and round both my and my husband's head as we visited various sites.
As for dancing, my mother is obsessed with it at the moment, how she didn't dance at her 90th birthday party (she did) how she wants a beautiful young man to dance with etc etc. Maybe there is something about the physical movement that connects to something that is still there but hidden under all the confusion. Must make sure there is dancing at Christmas for her.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
I love that song Northumbrian_K, and those moments of the old person. Hope you both have some music and dancing at Christmas.

dancer12

Jan 9, 2017
Mississauga
Hi All:

It's the freedom that's gotten when dancing, twirling & laughing. Brings back the innocence of childhood. I think music does the same thing. They go hand in hand. So dance & sing. The innocence of children. Enjoy.:):):) No pressures, no stress, no problems, just pure innocence. So twirl & sing away & laugh all you want.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
old ginger