Can I ... Should I?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Brother found no tree in lounge, but all the branches had been taken off the tree and wrapped around the vacuum cleaner with a few baubles popped in between ...So now we have a Xmas dressed vacuum cleaner :D
x

Don’t @Margi29 ... I laughed so hard I chocked

Bless your lovely mum for brightening up a boring hoover :p:D:p

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
It was well done, actually showed aggression & how the hospital is more interested in beds than patients, but ... I wish getting CHC was that easy :confused:

I struggled at times, but it was worth watching

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Hi all
I've recorded the programme Care, will watch this week. OH said he suspected it would be a hard one to watch.
Hugs @Sam Luvit .

On a more jovial note, tree looked like it has been dragged out of a skip and a blind person just aimed baubles at it :eek: mum said ' doesn't my tree look lovely ' ???
Then I watched her totally dismantle tree, I'm sure it will be up again :rolleyes:

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Margi, at least focusing on the tree stops your mum from getting into other mischief!

I didn't watch 'Care'. Hats off to those of you who have or will, but it is far too much like real-life for me :(

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Then I watched her totally dismantle tree, I'm sure it will be up again :rolleyes:

Hi @Margi29

The program was focused more on the issue of a stroke, with dementia appearing after the stroke & nothing previous. I felt it glossed dementia as an “add on”, but it did a “nod” to aggression, which makes a change

There were bits that bought back memories, but I concentrated on something else so as not to get too drawn in. Trying to get out of the car & setting off the alarm ... getting out of the car & walking off down the road .... the police bringing her home ... driving around town looking for her ... all too familiar to us :(

Mum tried decorating the tree my first year here :rolleyes: She thought it looked lovely. I took it down when she’d gone to bed & did it again. Mum didn’t notice the difference :eek:

How many up & downs has the tree had so far??? Just curious as to who is winning on your bet :p

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Slugsta

As an outsider ... @Margi29 ’s mums antics with the tree are funny :)

Care was a bit close to real life at times, as mum also had a stroke, it was hard in places, but the fantasy care home & ease of CHC made it sufficiently removed from reality as to not be believable

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Well a change tonight with the tree saga :D

The tree that looks like it has been in skip etc.... is down again ( three times so far ladies)

But a surprise tonight, carer has brought another tree, one who's branches apparently can not be taken off.
Tree looks lovely ( at the moment ) the thoughtful carer does not obviously know my mum ( when the branches won't come off a large bread knife will do the job ) :eek:

So tree lit, pretty baubles in place etc... watch this space :)

The other tree ( in bits ) will no doubt pop back up before long. The vacuum cleaner is naked at moment :rolleyes:

The memories of mum on the motorway ( me driving at 70mph ) and her grabbing steering wheel have sprung to mind tonight for me after reading this post @Sam Luvit . I'm so glad I've not that anymore!!!

Yes I agree @Slugsta @Sam Luvit that the reality is very different. It's awful that a fight seems to be set, to get anything for our loved ones, it's so unfair. Dad had two strokes before being diagnosed with dementia the year after.
Nobody helped. Sorry state of affairs for a country who is supposed to be not third world.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I now have visions of your mum, chain saw in hand, safety goggles on, standing by a sweet Christmas tree :eek: @Margi29 ... alternative Christmas card ideas for those who find a giggle in the worst situations to hold the madness (mine) at bay :rolleyes:

Very kind of the Carer :D

Maybe your mum prefers her decorating & is showing her artistic talents by changing things around ;) Have you left the “skip ready” tree near the vacuum cleaner in readiness for further dress ups :p

Mums favourite was to walk me into lampposts :(, I’d keep pushing back so I didn’t get hurt & she’d mutter at me. One day, after the 5th or 6th dodge, I just gave in & let her steer me into the post. :rolleyes: It took me face planting the lamppost for her to “see” what she was doing & why I didn’t want her to do it. Extreme I know, but I’d tried everything else :confused:

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Thank you Margi's Mum been awake since 2.30am Mum decided to chat:eek: complete gobbledy gook but I still had to add the yes or no at what I thought was the appropriate time and finally she has nodded off but I'm now wide awake so thought I would check in and have found myself smiling at your lovely Mum Margi and her Christmas tree antics. Your Mum is obviously extremely artistic to have thought of decorating the Hoover :D Bless her.

Not watched the play "care" yet Sam must have been difficult ((hugs))

Your harrowing journey in the car with your Mum Margi reminded me of my Mum as we were driving along a few years ago when all at once Mum shoughted to let her out and clocked me on the head with my bottle of factor 50 from the side of her door:eek: needless to say all objects were removed from the car after that. They were trying days:(

Sam you must have been mortified when Pooch went for his walk solo:eek::eek:

Well don't know whether to get up or see if I can get another snooze in before 7am. The latter I think.

Have a good Wednesday everyone.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @rosy18 o_O

Hope you managed a bit more sleep, Mum only did the midnight chatting at the very end, but hers was telling me she was sorry, over & over again :(, I’d no idea what she was sorry about, so could only tell her it was ok & nothing to be sorry for o_O

@Margi29’s mums antics are funny, not so funny for @Margi29 , but we are smiling with her, not at her ;), she’s a little dynamo that one :eek:

Care was difficult to watch in places, I had hoped it wouId show those that don’t know, a bit of the reality, but I got a message from J, saying I must watch as “it’s a realy good Drama’ ... guess it didn’t get the point over that well :(

When I first joined TP, I read @ann Mac’s thread, anything slightly solid was removed from mums side of the car & I was very alert to any signs of agitation when driving. If I spent any longer than a 10 minutes drive, talking to mum & holding her hand a lot was the order of the day :confused:

Pooch has made no further attempts at solo walks, I’ve been checking the front gate a lot too. Both J’s & my front gates have been “opened” a few times in the last couple of weeks. It’s a bit unsettling :rolleyes:

I can’t seem to motivate this week, I look at things that need to be done, then just walk away :rolleyes:

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
I'm not upset by any comments on my mums antics with the tree, these moments give me light relief from the daily struggle with this cruel disease @Sam Luvit @rosy18 @Slugsta and anyone else I've forgotten to mention.

The tree is still up ( mum said ' I found it in a cupboard ' no mention of carer bringing :eek: )
I said ' it looks lovely mum ' :)

In Xmas past mum always went above and beyond to make sure we had as much as possible on Xmas morning to open. Mum and dad didn't have much money, they struggled when we were small. In fact dad had to give mum her Xmas money on Boxing Day, when he realised that she was spending her own Xmas money to buy extra gifts for us.

This year I've done the same again, as last year, a large basket full of goodies, chocolates, biscuits, toiletries ,
Socks etc.... anything I think mum may like in a hamper :)

I watched the programme care, some things were very true, then again I found some parts not exactly how the outcome is. I hope it encourages many and gives an insight to others if possible.

Horrible cruel disease x