Can I ... Should I?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @rosy18

I’ve had about a week or so, of going to bed & tossing & turning till after 04.00. I end up getting cross with myself as I can’t sleep, which doesn’t help :rolleyes: I’ve been forcing myself to get up at a reasonable time the last few days in the hope that I can get tired enough to sleep earlier, but that’s not working either. No surprise my BP is up :confused:

Hot & sunny I love, cold & crisp can be invigorating, but cold & damp is the worst. I want to stay indoors, snuggle with Pooch & wait it out. Forcing him & me out the door is so much harder when it’s like this.

I joined a gym when I was working (that’s so long ago now :(), I struggled with the cross trainer for a while, then it clicked & I got on with it really well. It is really good, but I can see it wouId just hurt everywhere with your shingles. It can be your Valentine gift to yourself, getting back on it :p

I do hope you have taken some time today & phoned your GP about different meds. You need to look after yourself too. :rolleyes:

The car is great. Heated seats :eek: I’ve put that on a few times when my back is sore & it really helps. It’s also nice on a cold day. I have struggled climbing in a few times when my hips are playing up, but apart from that, it’s good. A few niggles, as with any “new” car, but it’s more comfortable :)

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Morning @Margi29

Bless your mum, off childminding some random solicitor :), did she say what work your dad was doing out in Peru?

When I first read that, I thought you meant you were on I’m a Celebrity..., in your position I’d be saying “let me stay here” :D:D:D
Last night totally different lady was mum, just like ' normal old mum ' :)

Tiny moments to treasure, we sat chatting about anything and everything, talking about past Xmas etc..
Dropped mum off at day centre this morning, she was really happy to go, instead of the usual sentence of
" I don't want to go to school at my age " :rolleyes:

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Afternoon all,

Sam, you sound utterly shattered (((hugs))), something mild from the pharmacy sounds a good idea.

We sang at a Christmas Fair on Saturday, rehearsal tomorrow (Citrus Singers) and Wednesday (Amethyst Singers) then both choirs are performing on Saturday.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Evening @Margi29

Those evenings when things seem normal are indeed treasured moments. My mum wouId drop the angst every now & then & chat about old times. It was lovely. It’s so nice that you had a “ mum of old” evening :)

Lol at her going to school :D

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Thank you @Slugsta a hug is very much needed :cool: I took Pooch out for an hour this morning, he’s slept most of the day as a result :D I’m going to have a light meal & veg in front of the TV ... see if that helps at all.

I altered J’s curtains for her & as the machine was out, I’ve cut mums blanket into 4 pieces, hems all round to stop them unraveling & they are now done. One more think off the “to do” list completed. :D It was a double bed sized blanket, so it’s now in more manageable sizes for washing & drying

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Afternoon all,

Sam, you sound utterly shattered (((hugs))), something mild from the pharmacy sounds a good idea.

We sang at a Christmas Fair on Saturday, rehearsal tomorrow (Citrus Singers) and Wednesday (Amethyst Singers) then both choirs are performing on Saturday.
Enjoy the singing, I love to listen to Christmas carols :)

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Hi all

Hope everyone is well. Sending hugs to @rosy18 and your lovely mum, praying that the pain is under control.
I've missed the annual Dickensian weekend in our village, due to working nights :( the carol singing is lovely @Slugsta.
Yes I've to hold onto the moments of clarity with mum and enjoy while I can @Sam Luvit. Good idea with the blanket I must say :)

Mum is wanting the tree putting up, I'm still having visions of the Xmas she was seen using tree as a long handle duster !! Like a scene from ' mrs browns boys ' :D
I'm desperately trying to wait as long as possible before tree is put up, last year the tree was up and down so much in December I lost count and the will !! But at least I know in February there is a high possibility tree will be back up again :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Evening all,

Margi, I'm sorry that you missed the Dickensian evening :( I love singing carols but the guy who runs the choirs will only do Christmas 'songs' rather than anything religious. However, we will be part of an event in Wimborne Minster and there will be some carols for everyone as part of that.

Our tree went up at the weekend. The tree itself (artificial) has been standing in the lounge ever since it was delivered a few weeks ago, I decorated it on Sunday. It was only cheap but looks OK now it is done.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I’m trying to finish off some things, so I’ve done mums blanket, for which Pooch seems grateful. I then moved on to making some real comfy cushion for the car crate for Pooch. I’ve broken 2 needles so far, I’ve cut up the inset & done the seam to stop any fraying & I'm half way through stitching the first cover. I will carry on with them later this week

Pooch has a fascination with Mr Fox, our local fox family. He whines to go out early evening & sits by the front gate waiting for Mr Fox to appear. Tonight was the same.

Pooch went out to look for Mr Fox as usual, the door was open, after a while I decided it was time to take Pooch for his nightly walk. I grabbed the lead, put on my jacket & went to call Pooch

Oh :eek::eek::eek: ... the front gate is open. The chain has been taken off :mad: Pooch is missing.

I walked round the block, whistling .... just as I was calling J to ask for help ... Pooch came to me :D Silly boy. Rather damp as it was drizzling, but none the worse for his adventure. He’s been snuggled up with me all evening

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Afternoon all,

What a norty Pooch to give his mammy such a fright! I'm so glad he came home, safe and sound :)

I have finished most of my Christmas cards but have 1 more to buy (cos I put my aunt's name in someone else's card :oops: ). I have a couple of pressies to get but am waiting for my cat forum auction to end to see if I get anything I have bid on - otherwise plan B will go into action. Haven't started on wrapping yet but don't have a lot to do.

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
I expect your heart was pounding with the escaping pooch, he may think twice about going walk about in the future :eek: @Sam Luvit

My brother was with mum last night, he sent me a message around twelve last night, to say another lady who has dementia came calling for mum :eek:

All dressed up for a night out and asking mum to go to pub with her !!!
The lady thought it was 12 lunchtime :(

I'm so glad we have someone there every night or it may have been a catastrophe :)

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Afternoon all,

What a norty Pooch to give his mammy such a fright! I'm so glad he came home, safe and sound :)

I have finished most of my Christmas cards but have 1 more to buy (cos I put my aunt's name in someone else's card :oops: ). I have a couple of pressies to get but am waiting for my cat forum auction to end to see if I get anything I have bid on - otherwise plan B will go into action. Haven't started on wrapping yet but don't have a lot to do.
I have a pile of presents to wrap. Not many cards, as I've cut down over the years, my tree will be up at the weekend.

Mums tree was put up by carer on Wednesday night, last night when my brother arrived, he informed me mum was in process of taking it down again to move house :eek:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Afternoon @Slugsta

Yes. Very naughty Pooch. I was not at all happy, but very relieved to see him running up to me, tail wagging. I think he gave himself a fright, out the front, up to the road & back down the back of the houses, on the road :eek:

I’ve yet to start on cards or presents :eek: But it’s on my list :p Well done on being so organised :)

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Margi29 :)

I had that heart pounding sick feeling when I walked out the door & Pooch wasn’t there :eek: He’s refused to even go out the door without me since, so I think he gave himself a fright :rolleyes:

Thank goodness your brother was there to stop your mum going off down the pub :eek:

Tree is in the loft & will probably stay there. I’m not expecting visitors & will be visiting youngest & baby girl, so it wouId just be a lot of stress that I don’t need

The saga of the Christmas Tree has started this year o_O, here’s hoping she doesn’t try feather dusting with it this year :cool:

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Hi @Margi29 :)

I had that heart pounding sick feeling when I walked out the door & Pooch wasn’t there :eek: He’s refused to even go out the door without me since, so I think he gave himself a fright :rolleyes:

Thank goodness your brother was there to stop your mum going off down the pub :eek:

Tree is in the loft & will probably stay there. I’m not expecting visitors & will be visiting youngest & baby girl, so it wouId just be a lot of stress that I don’t need

The saga of the Christmas Tree has started this year o_O, here’s hoping she doesn’t try feather dusting with it this year :cool:
I'm up this year for placing bets on just how many times that tree will be up and down before end of year :D

I'm going to say four times :rolleyes:

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
So after mums attempting Thursday to take tree down, my brother left her all day Friday, to return to the tree :eek:

I'm not sure if this counts as down??? :eek::D

Brother found no tree in lounge, but all the branches had been taken off the tree and wrapped around the vacuum cleaner with a few baubles popped in between , the Christmas lights ( all battery operated after last years nightmare of cutting Xmas lights ) had all the battery boxes cut off :rolleyes:

So now we have a Xmas dressed vacuum cleaner :D

So @Sam Luvit and @Slugsta , this could be a long month and many posts x

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
So after mums attempting Thursday to take tree down, my brother left her all day Friday, to return to the tree :eek:

I'm not sure if this counts as down??? :eek::D

Brother found no tree in lounge, but all the branches had been taken off the tree and wrapped around the vacuum cleaner with a few baubles popped in between , the Christmas lights ( all battery operated after last years nightmare of cutting Xmas lights ) had all the battery boxes cut off :rolleyes:

So now we have a Xmas dressed vacuum cleaner :D

So @Sam Luvit and @Slugsta , this could be a long month and many posts x
Am quite liking the sound of the Xmas decorated hoover! Very individual and unique.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suehart