whot i can do prevent my husbund from dieing?

brontie

Dec 7, 2018
Tooday my dearest husband said " iam dying" Iam hopeless and allready drained emotionally. Every day tears and tears. since September he sleep all the time, I was able yet somehow to feed him but now is only spoons of very soft porridge and he asleep again.He is bedbound and cannot doing anything, only feuw words whispering, He dont want to die and i cant do anything to keep him alive, He was for 38 years wonderful husband ,dad and human beeing who not deserve to die. I love him beyond the words and i do not let him go. I think if he go i will go with him. As hi declining so quickly i suffer even moore. Best would be to die together.

katydid

Oct 23, 2018
Tooday my dearest husband said " iam dying" Iam hopeless and allready drained emotionally. Every day tears and tears. since September he sleep all the time, I was able yet somehow to feed him but now is only spoons of very soft porridge and he asleep again.He is bedbound and cannot doing anything, only feuw words whispering, He dont want to die and i cant do anything to keep him alive, He was for 38 years wonderful husband ,dad and human beeing who not deserve to die. I love him beyond the words and i do not let him go. I think if he go i will go with him. As hi declining so quickly i suffer even moore. Best would be to die together.
Oh brontie, I know how bad it feels not to be able to fix things from the little things to the big ones like this. You are with him and he seems to be with you. That is a big big thing just be there for him, and don’t think of dying yourself, think of his feelings, if he could know that you felt like that, would it not hurt him? You have cared for him, done your best for him, now help,over this last hurdle, just be there and let him do, eat etc., whatever he wants, you are the person who can guard his freedom to,be comfortable, and perhaps happy again somewhere,
Be proud, of him and you, just love him.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello @brontie
welcome to TP
you sound so sad and distressed, so it's good that you have posted and will have the support of other members

your love for your husband shines clearly through your post, as does how much you mean to him

do you have someone to be there with you, family, friend or maybe your religious community

it may help you to actually chat with someone, either on the phone or live online so here's a link to the main AS site's Helpline - there's a phone number and, if you scroll down, other ways to contact one of the advisors
https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/get-support/national-dementia-helpline

if you are in the UK Admiral Nurses are there to help and support carers - again, there may be a nurse in your area or there's a helpline
https://www.dementiauk.org/get-support/admiral-nursing/

Last edited:

MothersCarer

Nov 13, 2014
So sorry to hear how distressed you are; you have obviously had a wonderful marriage. Could you ring The Samaritans; they have a free number - 116 123 (UK) and will just listen and talk which might help.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy Mayor