Mam’s birthday - should I get a card without mam on it?

Graybiker

Oct 3, 2017
County Durham
hi all,
Been quite a while since my last post, but am curious to have your opinions on this one.
Mam has been in the home just over a year now, obviously she has deteriorated in that time. One of the most difficult things for me is her not knowing who I am. She often thinks I’m her cousin and that’s fine, I’ve always said, so long as she’s happy to see me that's ok. Recently though she has stated quite a few times that she ‘didn’t know I had a daughter’, although she knows my daughter is her granddaughter.
Consequently I’m wondering if I should just get a generic birthday card this year instead of one with Mam on.
It’s a small thing I know, but as I said, I’m curious to know what others have done in similar situations.

Thanks x

Graybiker

Oct 3, 2017
County Durham
I hadn’t thought of that GraceM, thanks.
Yes mam says I am too old to be her daughter, yet I am the right age to be her cousin, who is 82 like her lol.
I’ll go with what is easiest and least confusing for her, though it doesn’t do much for me :(

B72

Jul 21, 2018
Just to make you smile, my MIL wouldn’t have liked anyone who married her darling boy, and she certainly didn’t like me, but when she didn’t know who I was any more, she was very affectionate.

SpanishAnnie

Apr 26, 2018
Just to make you smile, my MIL wouldn’t have liked anyone who married her darling boy, and she certainly didn’t like me, but when she didn’t know who I was any more, she was very affectionate.
Hahaha that really made me chuckle. Thank you

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jliesman