Can I ... Should I?

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
My two poochs have looked out this morning at the howling wind and rain. Stood by the door, and I'm sure if they could talk it would be ' are you crazy???, we are not going, that's end of subject ' :D
Because they weigh 30 kilos each I'm afraid, they have final say on decision.
Ha ha :p:pDon't think I would try to make them go for a walk either

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Hope you survived your sports massage Sam Never had one but have been told they are "quite intense"
Glad you're feeling better, it's all those cuddles off Pooch for sure

Well tonight was quite scary earlier on. Mums carer arrived 5.30pm and Mum just managed 1 slice of toast and jam with a little drink of tea. Throughout the day she had slept, so much so that I fed her her lunch whilst still sat in her riser recliner and she kept her eyes closed so she had a very sleepy day. We decided to Wheel Mum through in her wheelchair to the bedroom and we transferred her onto the commode where I started to remove her clothes, she was drooling more than usual so I removed her dentures as she looked like she was going to vomit, then her arms just went floppy, by this time Mums carer was back in the bedroom she was a paramedic for over 20 years. Mum had lost consciousness and gone a terrible grey colour. Maria told me to ring for an ambulance we were told to get Mum flat on the floor and to clear Mums airways as her breathing was very weak, Maria had already done this. The end result was the paramedics arrived, one new Mums carer, as they arrived Mum started to come around and her colour come back. They run all the checks consulted with a GP as I said if poss I would prefer Mum to stay at home, the paramedics agreed and so did the GP. It could possibly have been a TIA. The paramedics said for me to check with own GP tomorrow and get them to call to see Mum. By the time they had left and Mum was settled in bed I was like a beetroot, guess my blood pressure had gone up!!
Yesterday I went back to doctors again re my "pulled muscle" seems now it's shingles...again....stress levels sky high tonight:eek: somebody told me stress can cause shingles:(
So I'm now lay at side of Mum keep checking her breathing:eek:, she seems settled enough thankfully.

News on hoist as Mum has Alzheimer's it has to be used by 2 people the smaller versions are for people who have capacity to hold on and follow instruction, so nothing for me to use on my own :(

Glad you enjoyed your singing Slugsta, nothing quite like music to lift your spirits and make you feel better.

Amelie5a

Nov 5, 2014
Scotland
Rosy, that sounds like a really scary time - no wonder your stress levels feel high. Thank heavens your carer was there when it happened so that you didn't have to deal with the situation alone. And it seems a wise decision all round to keep your Mum at home.

But now you're back to being on your own, watching your mum's breathing because you can't not, after such a scary event. I really hope your mum continues to be 'settled' and that you relax enough to get some much needed rest for yourself tonight.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Well Pooch got another wet n windy walk this morning @Slugsta, the my friend K took him for another one later ... he’s not so keen on her now :D

Double figures .... I wish :eek:, it’s been down to 3 & up to 9 here :(

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @rosy18

Oh my goodness, what a scare for you. Thankfully you were not on your own. It certainly sounds like a TIA or sudden drop in BP. Her GP had better visit, but if already called today, they should be expecting to do so. The ups & downs of this are very stressful, not surprised your own BP is sky high :eek: Sweet dreams @rosy18 & Rosys’ mum

Not good news on the hoist situation. We need a “wish list” somewhere that budding designers can look at to see if they can come up with a solution, wouldn’t that be great :rolleyes:

Sports massage .. intense is one word for it. No light fingers, no gentle movements ... she uses her elbow to get right in there, when she works up my spine, I actually can’t take a breath it’s that hard. The knots in my legs are slowly getting worked out, the ones at the base of my skull are taking a while, but my headaches are reducing. As for the hip / pelvis :eek:, I try not to cry out when she’s working on those. On the plus side, I’m not waking as often with pain in the night & I'm walking further & quicker :)

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
My two poochs have looked out this morning at the howling wind and rain. Stood by the door, and I'm sure if they could talk it would be ' are you crazy???, we are not going, that's end of subject ' :D
Because they weigh 30 kilos each I'm afraid, they have final say on decision.

Ha ha @Margi29 I can just see your 2 refusing to leave the house. Pooch doesn’t get a choice (he’s just a tiny bit smaller), but he makes his displeasure known

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Thoughts are with you @rosy18 , what an horrendous and scary evening for you. It does sound like a TIA.
Please look after yourself too, shingles are horrible. I'm not surprised that bp is high :eek:
So glad you had the carer with you :)

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Well last night was eventful :rolleyes:

The stories our loved ones pop up with are amazing !!

Apparently my dad is in Peru ( no he is in an urn on top of my wardrobe)
Mum went to Tunisia, working for a solicitor and family minding their children, last week :eek:

The last one I really had to bite my lip to prevent me laughing. Anne hegerty who is on the chase. And at the moment on I'm a celebrity get me out off here, was on tv, mum told me Anne called at her flat last week and wanted to be mums ' homehelp ' mum said she told her ' I've enough carers ' :D
So to anyone out there who has random stories that shock or surprise them, just go with the flow :p

I spent most of night listening to her breathing, mum slept like a baby :)

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Afternoon all,

Rosy, what a terrible fright your mum gave you! I hope you are both fully recovered now. Sorry to hear about the shingles, I do hope you are not in a lot of pain (((hugs))).

Margi, what a pity you weren't able to have the week off while your mum was in Tunisia!:D

(((hugs))) for all.

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Afternoon all,

Rosy, what a terrible fright your mum gave you! I hope you are both fully recovered now. Sorry to hear about the shingles, I do hope you are not in a lot of pain (((hugs))).

Margi, what a pity you weren't able to have the week off while your mum was in Tunisia!:D

(((hugs))) for all.
I wish :D I could really enjoy some sun at the moment.

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Morning all,

More warm and wet here today. I know I shouldn't complain but I am very fed up of grey skies! Never mind, my choir are singing indoors today, so it doesn't really matter :)

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Rosy, that sounds like a really scary time - no wonder your stress levels feel high. Thank heavens your carer was there when it happened so that you didn't have to deal with the situation alone. And it seems a wise decision all round to keep your Mum at home.

But now you're back to being on your own, watching your mum's breathing because you can't not, after such a scary event. I really hope your mum continues to be 'settled' and that you relax enough to get some much needed rest for yourself tonight.

Yes it was scary Amelie5a but thankfully Mum seems to have recovered quite well. Yesterday she was really tired but today seems much better. I can sleep again...Well almost ;)

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Thoughts are with you @rosy18 , what an horrendous and scary evening for you. It does sound like a TIA.
Please look after yourself too, shingles are horrible. I'm not surprised that bp is high :eek:
So glad you had the carer with you :)

Oh me too Margi she was just great. Thankfully Mum seems to be settled again.

Your Mums having a hectic busy life at the moment isn't she. My goodness you wonder where all of their thoughts come from, Bless her.

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Afternoon all,

(((hugs))) for all.

Thankfully Mum seems settled again although one thing she seems to be doing on quite a regular basis is to go into a little trance for a minute or so just staring. So much not to understand but just to go with it.
Hope you enjoyed your choir today. Have you started Xmas carols yet?

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
WouIdn’t it be nice if sleep wouId appear .... not sleepy at all :(

Pooch is right Pd :eek:

Oh Sam there's nothing worse just lay there trying to get to sleep I do hope you will enjoy a good night's sleep tonight.
Weather here has been pretty grim all day. Not as cold but drizzly rain all day, much prefer a crisp cold day don't like the damp days.
I got myself a cross trainer that turns your hips as well, meant to strengthen your core. Put it up downstairs thinking I would use it more than if I put it upstairs when I would only be able to use it when I had carers here but with my shingles it's too painful to use so Canon when he comes tomorrow is going to take it upstairs for me. Can't see me using it for a while. GP said around 6wks for shingles to get better so in the meantime just keep taking the painkillers trouble is they don't seem to help very much:(.
How's the car running?

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Morning all,

Sam, I hope you managed to sleep last night (((hugs))).

Rosy, let your GP know if the painkillers aren't helping. They should be able to find something that helps (((hugs)))

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Morning all,

Sam, I hope you managed to sleep last night (((hugs))).

Rosy, let your GP know if the painkillers aren't helping. They should be able to find something that helps (((hugs)))

Going to call the GP today Slugsta see what they say.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @Margi29

Bless your mum, off childminding some random solicitor :), did she say what work your dad was doing out in Peru?

When I first read that, I thought you meant you were on I’m a Celebrity..., in your position I’d be saying “let me stay here” :D:D:D

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @Slugsta

It is milder now, but damp or raining. Pooch is not keen on the rain. I’m not the impressed myself :rolleyes: We braved it yesterday & went down to the seafront for a change. He then slept all day :eek: It must be his short little legs :) He doesn’t know it, but we are going again shortly :p

Enjoy your choir tonight, or hope you did ... not logged in for a few days & im losing where the days are :rolleyes: I’m still not sleeping. I might invest in something from the chemist at this rate. I’ve tried TV, reading, CM, hot chocolate & exercise so far ... :(