OH in hospital

Rosebush

Apr 2, 2018
Hi eveybody, once again thank you for all your replies. I spent all day yesterday with OH, I couldn't believe how happy he was to see me, as I had been dreading it. So to cut a long story short OH will be coming home today by ambulance which is so much easier than me having to get him home on the bus(2 buses actually) We were told he could come home last night but then changed their minds because the meds had not been sorted! I will post later with update. Love Lxx

Sad Staffs

Jun 26, 2018
Hi eveybody, once again thank you for all your replies. I spent all day yesterday with OH, I couldn't believe how happy he was to see me, as I had been dreading it. So to cut a long story short OH will be coming home today by ambulance which is so much easier than me having to get him home on the bus(2 buses actually) We were told he could come home last night but then changed their minds because the meds had not been sorted! I will post later with update. Love Lxx
With much love, thinking about you both, B xx

Rosebush

Apr 2, 2018
Well the ambulance eventually bought OH home about 7pm on wednesday night and I am amazed at the change in him, he is so much happier must be the new meds, although he does seem more confused and I am having to help him more, but I can live with that, the pacing has stopped and he hasn't asked to take the dog out, thank goodness as it is so cold. Just waiting now to see if my grandson needs an operation on his hand, he goes for another check up on Tuesday. Speak soon.Lxx

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
I’m delighted that things seem to be improving for you.

I hope things go well for your grandson. Maybe he could consider taking up swimming with sharks as a sport - it sounds safer!;):D

Sad Staffs

Jun 26, 2018
Well the ambulance eventually bought OH home about 7pm on wednesday night and I am amazed at the change in him, he is so much happier must be the new meds, although he does seem more confused and I am having to help him more, but I can live with that, the pacing has stopped and he hasn't asked to take the dog out, thank goodness as it is so cold. Just waiting now to see if my grandson needs an operation on his hand, he goes for another check up on Tuesday. Speak soon.Lxx
So pleased the new meds’ seem to be helping.
Hope all goes well for your grandson on Tuesday.
Thinking of you, with love, B xx

Beads

Jul 19, 2017
Pleased to hear your OH is home @Rosebush sounds like the meds are working hope they continue. Take care Axx

Rosebush

Apr 2, 2018
Hi A, thank you, OH seems a lot calmer although he does seem more confused and I need to help him more he is also eating things he would not normally eat (veg) he also now wears pyjamas we have been married nearly 49 years and he has never worn them!. So nice to hear from you, hope you are ok how is your OH?.Lxx

Beads

Jul 19, 2017
Hi A, thank you, OH seems a lot calmer although he does seem more confused and I need to help him more he is also eating things he would not normally eat (veg) he also now wears pyjamas we have been married nearly 49 years and he has never worn them!. So nice to hear from you, hope you are ok how is your OH?.Lxx
Hi @Rosebush nice to hear from you too. I hope he stops like that for you. Possibly the meds he is taking will be causing the calm & confusion. What meds did hospital give him? That’s funny it must be since his short stay in hospital tge pyjamas are now been worn, I’m ok now had a couple of days I was poorly but we just have to get over it & carry on don’t we. OHs memory gets worse by the weeks & the repetitiveness . Sill no talking unless I speak then not much . You don’t be overdoing it @Rosebush as you say he needs more help now you might also need to get some help. look after yourself. Speak soon. Axxx

Rosebush

Apr 2, 2018
Hi, everybody since OH came home from hospital he has been very calm, although much more confused and doesn't seem able to do much without my help. As usual we went to bed last night at 11pm , at 1.30am I was woken up by a strange noise which I soon realised was OH having a wee on the carpet on my side of the bed!, I got him back in bed and as I was tired decided to clean it up in the morning, after a while I fell asleep again only to be woken up again at 3.30pm to another strange noise this time he was having a wee in the bath I then found him down stairs putting his coat on but I did manage to get him back in bed. This morning he didn't know anything about it and was happy to have a shower, so while I had a shower I left him to get dressed when I got downstairs he already had his coat on but then I realised he had his underpants on over his trousers!, It took me about 20 minutes to get him sorted as he didn't think there was a problem, but there was no way I was getting on the bus with him dressed like that. Hoping for a better night tonight. Lx

Beads

Jul 19, 2017
Hi @Ro
Hi, everybody since OH came home from hospital he has been very calm, although much more confused and doesn't seem able to do much without my help. As usual we went to bed last night at 11pm , at 1.30am I was woken up by a strange noise which I soon realised was OH having a wee on the carpet on my side of the bed!, I got him back in bed and as I was tired decided to clean it up in the morning, after a while I fell asleep again only to be woken up again at 3.30pm to another strange noise this time he was having a wee in the bath I then found him down stairs putting his coat on but I did manage to get him back in bed. This morning he didn't know anything about it and was happy to have a shower, so while I had a shower I left him to get dressed when I got downstairs he already had his coat on but then I realised he had his underpants on over his trousers!, It took me about 20 minutes to get him sorted as he didn't think there was a problem, but there was no way I was getting on the bus with him dressed like that. Hoping for a better night tonight. Lx
Hi @Rosebush hope you arew

Rosebush

Apr 2, 2018
Hi @Rosebush hope you are well & coping ok with OH how was he last night . He must be really confused as you say since the hospital stay. xx
Hi Beads, he was ok last night,I left the bathroom light on so he could see where he was going, our bedroom is so dark I think he just couldn't find the toilet. Today I have bought a couple of night lights for the landing, I also treated myself to a new Dyson. Take care. Lxx

Beads

Jul 19, 2017
Hi Beads, he was ok last night,I left the bathroom light on so he could see where he was going, our bedroom is so dark I think he just couldn't find the toilet. Today I have bought a couple of night lights for the landing, I also treated myself to a new Dyson. Take care. Lxx
Hi @Rosebush so pleased he had a good night. At least you will have been able to sleep aswell. They are a good idea the night lights. I have sensor lights on landing as OH will walk about in the dark during the night. Sounds like work @Rosebush a new dyson. Hope tonight is the same as last you need a good nights sleep especially now when you have to do more for OH . You look after yourself .Axxx

Rosebush

Apr 2, 2018
Not posted for a while, just when I thought things were getting better on Thursday evening OH became aggressive again, which resulted in me phoning the police again as he said he was going to kill me! they also called an ambulance and they decided he needed to go back to hospital. I am waiting for them to transfer him to our local hospital where social services will assess him. I will try to phone the hospital but nobody ever picks up the phone.Lx

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hi @Rosebush
sorry to read that you and your OH are having such a tough time
I hope the hospital will check him over and be able to help him - don't accept a discharge until you are sure he's improved and maybe push for a discharge to respite or aassessment unit
that is, if you can ever get through: that's awful - might you try contacting the PALS at the hospital and say as your husband has dementia you must know where and how he is - or the dementis matron, there should be someone of that or similar title in the hospital

Rosebush

Apr 2, 2018
hi @Rosebush
sorry to read that you and your OH are having such a tough time
I hope the hospital will check him over and be able to help him - don't accept a discharge until you are sure he's improved and maybe push for a discharge to respite or aassessment unit
that is, if you can ever get through: that's awful - might you try contacting the PALS at the hospital and say as your husband has dementia you must know where and how he is - or the dementis matron, there should be someone of that or similar title in the hospital
I managed to get through to the ward, unfortunately the person who answered does not speak English very well, but I could just make out that they are still waiting for a bed and they don't know how long it will take, so I suppose I will just have to wait!.Lx

dancer12

Jan 9, 2017
Mississauga
Not posted for a while, just when I thought things were getting better on Thursday evening OH became aggressive again, which resulted in me phoning the police again as he said he was going to kill me! they also called an ambulance and they decided he needed to go back to hospital. I am waiting for them to transfer him to our local hospital where social services will assess him. I will try to phone the hospital but nobody ever picks up the phone.Lx
Hi Rosebush:

Hope everything is okay, but the aggression has to be taken care of. You did the right thing calling the police. He needs to be in hospital where they will assess him again. He probably needs new meds and the doctors there will be able to adjust them properly.

All the best.

Rosebush

Apr 2, 2018
Hi Rosebush:

Hope everything is okay, but the aggression has to be taken care of. You did the right thing calling the police. He needs to be in hospital where they will assess him again. He probably needs new meds and the doctors there will be able to adjust them properly.

All the best.
I know it sounds awful but I don't want him back unless they can sort him out, I've had a couple of days to myself now catching up with all the jobs, I haven't felt so relaxed for ages and I'm just getting ready to walk round to my daughters for a coffee and chat. Lx