inco sheets

witts1973

Jun 20, 2018
Leamington Spa
Hi,has anyone got any tips on where to find the best disposable inco sheets,I was getting 100 from Ebay of well made pads delivered for £24.99 and was pleased that they were lasting quite a while,perhaps one sheet a day being used,but a different carer has been the last few days and has been changing them at every call as she said they were wet,it might even be that she's not so good at putting the pad on,anyway it's got me wondering has anyone found a source that sells sheets that they think are decent and at a good price

rainbowcat

Oct 14, 2015
Just a thought - check that she's putting them on the right way up. I had one of my mum's carers arguing with everyone that she'd been trained in using them but she was putting the absorbent side underneath!

Same here!

witts1973

Jun 20, 2018
Leamington Spa
washable Kylie sheets might be a better option
That might well be an option,I wonder if they hold loads so one w
The price you are paying seems OK. These are the ones I bought, which work out around the same price:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001DXIDHU/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just a thought - check that she's putting them on the right way up. I had one of my mum's carers arguing with everyone that she'd been trained in using them but she was putting the absorbent side underneath!
Yes the sheets are fine,there are lots of variables with different carers though

witts1973

Jun 20, 2018
Leamington Spa
washable Kylie sheets might be a better option
I will have to look in to those I wonder if you can use them with a alternating air mattress and if they can last a day,I picked one inco sheet out of the bin and it was a hand sized wet bit were the groin would have been sitting on the pad,it has been a bot annoying as they had been lasting a long time and now I have seen the last bag being used so quickly,it might be a case of using buying 100 sheets every month rather than every 3 months,my mum hasn't got a lot of money and I only have carers allowance and I'm supporting a child part time too.
I feel sorry for the people that are having terrible problems with incontinence,carers and PWD alike,my issues seem trivial compared to the problems other people have,bless them

witts1973

Jun 20, 2018
Leamington Spa
The sheets we have are 60x90cm and its only a patch no larger than the size of your hand that gets wet,I think I am going to trial cutting the sheet in half so each care call they will only place half of the sheet on the bed so they last twice as long,it's only the one carer that has been changing them this often,they usually last at least a day,I'm not happy with having to suddenly buy 4 times the amount

Cazzita

May 12, 2018
Do you feel that you could discuss this with the carer in question? Who knows, maybe she thinks she is doing the right thing and will be happy to do it the way you would prefer. Good luck x

witts1973

Jun 20, 2018
Leamington Spa
Do you feel that you could discuss this with the carer in question? Who knows, maybe she thinks she is doing the right thing and will be happy to do it the way you would prefer. Good luck x
She's a very experienced and nice carer and had previously said the pads were not a good fit,but other carers have shown me last week the pads do fit if you adjust them properly,I don't want to upset her,the usual person on the round is coming back next week so I will compare the usage of the kylie sheets next week.
Maybe there is leakage the way she does it,after today she will only be here a few nights a week and then a larger pad is fitted anyway so the sheets wont get wet anway.
75 sheets had lasted over 2 and a half months and this last pack of 25 has been used in a week,which was a shock,I have done a quick order from Ebay,but may have to pop to Sainsburys to get a substitute to cover until they arrive.

Last edited:

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Hi @witts1973. When my dad was at this stage I bought puppy pads from B&M Bargains for £12.99 per100. They are 60x60cm. I used them as chair pads too. I did used to tape them to the bed as dad moved around a lot (double sided tape from Poundland)

Hope this helps

witts1973

Jun 20, 2018
Leamington Spa
Hi @witts1973. When my dad was at this stage I bought puppy pads from B&M Bargains for £12.99 per100. They are 60x60cm. I used them as chair pads too. I did used to tape them to the bed as dad moved around a lot (double sided tape from Poundland)

Hope this helps
That helps a lot,I first started puppy pads 18 months ago as recommended by a visiting nurse but that was from Sainsburys and I found them too pricey,but 100 for £12.99 is amazing,I shall have to find a B & M and get a load,in fact the inco sheets prior to the 60cm x 90 cm where 60cm x 60cm,I only got the 90cm sheets as I could find those cheaper strangely,I have just checked and rang the nearest store to me which is 9 miles away and the lady said they have loads in stock,are they reasonable quality then?

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Puppy pads do the job.

I'd not be happy with a carer that put my PWD back on a wet bed pad, however small the wet patch. A kylie washable you'd change just the same as a disposable.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
That helps a lot,I first started puppy pads 18 months ago as recommended by a visiting nurse but that was from Sainsburys and I found them too pricey,but 100 for £12.99 is amazing,I shall have to find a B & M and get a load,in fact the inco sheets prior to the 60cm x 90 cm where 60cm x 60cm,I only got the 90cm sheets as I could find those cheaper strangely,I have just checked and rang the nearest store to me which is 9 miles away and the lady said they have loads in stock,are they reasonable quality then?

Yes. They hold a reasonable amount. They’re one of the best quality puppy pads I’ve found. Very good value

witts1973

Jun 20, 2018
Leamington Spa
Yes. They hold a reasonable amount. They’re one of the best quality puppy pads I’ve found. Very good value
Puppy pads do the job.

I'd not be happy with a carer that put my PWD back on a wet bed pad, however small the wet patch. A kylie washable you'd change just the same as a disposable.

I agree i just thought it was strange that they were just wet with the one carer,I know they are always dry as I double check mums bed sheets and inco sheet's every time she has been hoisted from the bed I just wondered what she was doing differently.
I made a point of asking the other carers today and they said that the incos sheets are always dry and are replaced when they look dirty or frayed

Cazzita

May 12, 2018
Wow, that is a very cheap price, thanks for alerting us to that. @witts1973 , good luck with it all and yes, I can understand why you don't feel like saying anything. x

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan