diary of a frustrated coventrian!

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
They also wanted her to have a toilet frame to help her. Another laugh, when I explained to them the one she was given was dismantled and stored upstairs behind the walking frame and next to the alarm system I got her last year. :(
Ah yes, the alarm system!! :rolleyes:
As a result of one fall, mum broke her shoulder, but did she use the call button? No, she did not.....she crawled across the floor somehow and managed to pull the phone off a table and phone me ;) " Lindy, I think I have a problem", were her exact words.
I called an ambulance and shot over to her place.....my goodness, your posts take me back!!
I wish you all the best, it's so frustrating when a person will not accept help, yet is still just about considered 'independent'.
Lindy xx

try again

Jun 21, 2018
Ah yes, the alarm system!! :rolleyes:
As a result of one fall, mum broke her shoulder, but did she use the call button? No, she did not.....she crawled across the floor somehow and managed to pull the phone off a table and phone me ;) " Lindy, I think I have a problem", were her exact words.
I called an ambulance and shot over to her place.....my goodness, your posts take me back!!
I wish you all the best, it's so frustrating when a person will not accept help, yet is still just about considered 'independent'.
Lindy xx
So frustrating! And as you say, deemed with it enough to make her own decisions. It's awful having to wait for something to happen and being powerless to stop it.

try again

Jun 21, 2018
I popped in to get some milk and a couple of ready meals for her to try.

I broached the subject of some passive motion detectors with her (telecare) and she was forcibly adamant she did not want any big brother surveillance.
She says she will have her old pendant back - the pendant she wore for a couple of weeks then left hanging by her bed.
We are clashing heads all the time, me wanting to keep her safe and while accepting I cannot prevent a fall, want some way of being able to react to something happening and her being more and more adamant that their is nothing wrong with her.

My patience (so little of it) has now gone. Whose health is more important, mine or hers?

try again

Jun 21, 2018
More clashing heads this morning when I popped in as she wasn't answering phone. District nurse arrived just as I did to do her leg.
I got shouted at a lot. Also she has taken too many antibiotics and now will finish the course a day early. I checked with doctor who said it would be ok.

Then went to my dementia trial physical and passed apart from the results for bloods and urine but don't know how long they take. Oh... And VERY HIGH blood pressure so had to make appointment with my doctor. So perhaps I should rephrase that and say I have all limbs and can move them ;)

try again

Jun 21, 2018
Well the results are in...

Apologies for getting test names wrong as I had to ask and he rattled through.
ASA 37/95
Mini ASA 7/30
The score from my questionnaire 14/60

Scans shows atrophy over most parts of brain and the official diagnosis is mild to moderate Alzheimer's.

On donepezil and seeking docs advise to stop citalopram.

try again

Jun 21, 2018
Not been on for a while. OH has just been diagnosed with lymphoma so it's been a bit fraught.

Mum had her 3 monthly follow up this morning and managed to score 3 out of 30 , down from 7 last time. It reflects my impression that she has declined a bit.
Her leg ulcer has not healed after 3 months with the community nurse and she has recently started visiting the wound clinic 3 times per week. I guess the upside is that I spend at least 3 afternoons with her to be able to keep an eye on her meds. She missed 2 lots of evening pills this week, even though she swears blind she has taken them but then has no explanation as to how the tablets are in her dosett box.
After the last time I purchased an automatic pill dispenser (with her approval) and took it around today. She is adamant that she doesn't need it or want it so I have brought it back.

The memory clinic don't want to see her for a year. When I asked him what I could do to ensure she was taking her meds he shrugged and said it was usually up to family and friends to make sure it was done properly. He suggested phoning each day which mum objected to as she did to the suggestion that I visit each day( which I don't want to anyway). Not quite sure where to go from here....

try again

Jun 21, 2018
On better news I have been taken off the trial as a petscan showed my beta amyloid levels were within normal range.