Can I ... Should I?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I’m not very good at watching “live TV”. I get irritated by Ads & too much yakking ... so I record & watch so I can skip the “boring” bits. Hence, I’ve just watched Strictly in Blackpool.

Naturally this made me think of @rosy18, then I starting wondering if it’s always Blackpool (this is the first time I’ve ever watched Strictly all the way through). If Blackpool is a regular ... wouldn’t it be great to meet up & see the show as a group

I’ve actually looked this up now ... you can’t buy tickets ... you enter a draw :-(

Last edited:

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Evening all,

Sam, I'm glad you managed to extricate yourself and the car from the mud. The image of a muddy bro did make me :D

Strictly does one show in Blackpool each year and, as you said Sam, tickets are allocated via a draw.

We had a lovely weekend and got home at around 11.30 this morning. Son had to travel back to London on the train - which took about 3 hours longer than usual due to problems somewhere on the line. We all slept badly last night, probably because we had to be up and out of the cabin before 8am, so I am utterly kanackered today.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Slugsta

I wonder what the odds are on “winning” tickets to Strictly :rolleyes: I’m not the luckiest person though :p

Hopefully once you’ve had a good nights sleep, you will feel the early start was worth it for the lovely weekend :D

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I'm laughing @Sam Luvit , imagining the scene of yourself and brother :D

Hi @Margi29

I was just thinking about you & hoping you are just busy with general life & no crisis ;)

It was the way brother kept chatting while I put the car in reverse, then first, then reverse ... until he finally looked at me & said “what?”

When we finally got free, he had mud in his hair, on his face, down his legs ... but we were both laughing about it :D

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Morning all,

Sam, I am very much in favour of a good laugh! I'm glad your bro saw the funny side too.

Oh yes, the early start yesterday did nothing to detract from the pleasure of the weekend away.

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Hi @Margi29

I was just thinking about you & hoping you are just busy with general life & no crisis ;)

It was the way brother kept chatting while I put the car in reverse, then first, then reverse ... until he finally looked at me & said “what?”

When we finally got free, he had mud in his hair, on his face, down his legs ... but we were both laughing about it :D
No crisis, thank goodness, but now I've said that, watch this space :rolleyes:

Same old really with mum etc...

Had my birthday last week and went away for weekend with two friends and my sister, carers were all in place, with my oh on call for emergency etc...:D
We went to Manchester Xmas markets, it was lovely :)
I've never eaten Caribbean food before, but I have now :)

Too many gin cocktails to mention :eek: but a two day break was fabulous.

It was a little scary when there was many armed police on most street corners, sad times we live in now.
I'm glad they were around, if only to maybe act as a warning to terrorists.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Fingers crossed things mosey along without any drama @Margi29

Happy Belated Birthday :) Friends, markets & new food experiences... recipe for a memorable couple of days. Glad you had fun :D

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Not even 6pm & it’s pitch black :( I’m not liking the dark evenings & Pooch is not liking the chill in the air. We are having the fastest evening walks now, he’s in as much of a hurry (or more so) as I am to get back indoors

Keep warm everyone :D

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Not even 6pm & it’s pitch black :( I’m not liking the dark evenings & Pooch is not liking the chill in the air. We are having the fastest evening walks now, he’s in as much of a hurry (or more so) as I am to get back indoors

Keep warm everyone :D
Warm is the only way to go round here :D

The central heating is on, fire on, throws on couches and I wonder why each late afternoon a little power nap seems like the best idea of the day :D
If I'm not working, ( and wow do I hate the night shifts in the winter months ) then it's a lovely fresh coffee with a large splash of baileys and my two poochs snuggled by me.

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Hi Sam, everyone Just caught up with everything.
Part time job sounds interesting Sam, reconnecting with the outside world again can only be a good thing :D TV coming on on its own....I'd like to think it was your Mum looking out for you :p and Pooch of course.

Well much the same here. Had a new front door fitted two weeks ago, as you know Sam it's double doors and archway. Throughout the day as it was being fitted I kept saying to the guy I'm not happy with the way it is as there was too big a gap around the archway but the fitter assured me it would be ok, but at 3pm I said I wouldn't be paying for the job and he needed to ring his boss and tell him. The boss turned up gave the fitter a right telling off was very apologetic to me and the bottom line is I'm now waiting for a new frame to be made which will probably be another two weeks:(
Mum had two uti's first lot of antibiotics didn't work, thankfully second one has done the trick.
I've pulled a muscle under my bust left side so ribs really sore as well. Terrible sharp pain at front if I cough, laugh, :eek: and dull ache round the side of my chest to under left shoulder blade. Gp said probably 6 weeks to heal with rest:confused::eek:. Anyway I've got Mums carers coming in an extra visit in the afternoon as Mum usually needs the commode then. She can't tell me but she must realise something is going on as she gets very agitated if she's awake and wants to use the commode. It's quite scary to know that I can't lift Mum or transfer her on my own atm. I've asked for the OT to get in touch with regards to a portable hoist. I've seen some on u tube that 1 person can operate, just for times like this for when there's just me here with Mum,anyway I'll see what if anything they can suggest.

Going to have to finish now as Mum is try I g to pull her knickers down in bed:eek:

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Hello to Sam, and everyone else!

I've not been around much, but wanted to say hello and I've not forgotten any of you!

I hope to get caught up properly one of these days, but just know I'm here, even if not posting much. Love to you all.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @rosy18

Good to hear from you :) Dad has started putting the TV on again, it’s the news & the volume is turned to 0, just like he always did o_O I know the kids were sceptical about that, but youngest was visiting this weekend .. :)D) & there was a bit of angst at one point & I said “don’t be playing with the TV dad ... a few minutes later .. on it came :rolleyes: Youngest was all thumbs trying to turn it off :D

I’ve tried looking for information on PA work, but so far I’ve found what it involves (I already know that), but not how to apply :rolleyes: I’ll take another look next week, I think it could be interesting & use the “skills” I picked up over the last few years ;)

Well done you on standing your ground about the door. Sometimes it’s just too much effort, but you don’t want a gap causing a draft or a wobbly door. Fingers crossed it gets done quickly

That’s got to be a blooming nucence pulling a muscle. I think that can be worse than cuts or breaks as you can’t see it, but it lets you know all the time (IYKWIM) :( As for getting any rest ... I just used to laugh at the GP when she said that. Mum was pretty ok when I had my toe nail off, but I still needed to cook & clean, so “put you foot up as much as possible” was a joke that wasn’t funny :rolleyes:

I’m trying to remember who used a single hoist for their mum, hopefully they were pop in here & let you know a good one to try

If I was closer I’d pop over & help out. ;)

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Rosy, I'm sorry to hear about the pulled muscle. It must be very painful. I hope it will heal all right.

I also seem to recall someone here using a single person hoist but not who, or when. Perhaps it will come to me, or others will be able to advise better on the topic.

Thank you for the kind wishes. There are some minor issues (aren't there always!) but, fingers crossed, things are mostly okay here.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I don’t know what is up with me this last few weeks, it could be the weather or the house not selling or the continued limbo, but I’m just fed up. Add to that I’m not sleeping, so all in all, feeling a bit sorry for myself. I’m pinning a smile on my face & trying to kick start my enthusiasm but it’s slow going

Youngest said he wouId try to visit. First it was Friday after work, then it was early Saturday, but nothing set in stone. I get that he’s working full time & as much overtime as he can manage, but it’s not easy to plan around that

So, I figured I wouId plan for them coming, but not get over excited in case it got cancelled. Try to go with the flow, so to speak.

I needed to top up the freezer, so I shopped & cooked 2.5 kg of mince & made it into 2 lasagne dishes, the balance in one person portions in the freezer ready to go into spaghetti bolognese, shepherd pie or whatever. So, I was ready for them without feeling like I’d done a lot of extra work & no visit

I got a call late Saturday afternoon to say they were setting off :D So, bed stripped & kitchen floors mopped to freshen it up. Pooch walked to try to settle him a bit :rolleyes: We had a fairly relaxed evening, too much food as brother cancelled at the last minute & eldest was “busy” :rolleyes:

Sunday was manic. Brother came over to see his nephew, K came round to see youngest (not seen him since primary school) & eldest was suddenly available. Boy it was a full house :p

It’s a bit strange to see youngest driving. He’s very calm & sensible. :)

I was asked if I’d like to feel the bump :D, however despite several tries, she stopped moving as soon as I did. Fiancé was trying but baby girl wasn’t having any of it :D

Just over 4 weeks to wait, if she’s on time, both youngest & fiancé are asking me to go visit, they both want me to be there to share. No idea how that’ll work with Pooch, but we will see :rolleyes:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sheree.fielder1