Been to doctors

Scraggy mag

Oct 30, 2018
Well he failed everything it was awful he has to have blood tests and MRI scan .the doc said he has significant problems . He has cried not like him it's heartbreaking wish he didn't know. We could have carried on pretending .I know that's silly but now it's reality .I will pull myself together.xx

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
You may both feel what is known as anticipatory grief. Even though we go to these appointments knowing that things aren't right the delivery of the diagnosis can still feel like a smack in the face.

Your loved one may even enter a phase of denial or asking for another opinion as the reality is too grave to accept or, in his case, comprehend.

I found that the diagnosis enabled me to better accept and manage my wife's behaviour. It also opened up some pathways to services, although we haven't got a lot out of that so far.

Keep posting on the forum for support.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
(((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))) @Scraggy mag Even if you know inside its dementia it still comes as a shock when it is confirmed. He will probably forget and you dont have to remind him.

Scraggy mag

Oct 30, 2018
(((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))) @Scraggy mag Even if you know inside its dementia it still comes as a shock when it is confirmed. He will probably forget and you dont have to remind him.
Hope so I have seeing him so sad thank you for your reply it's so nice to know I can come on here and you understand what it's like

Janie M

Jun 12, 2018
@Scraggy mag.. don’t we all know that feeling . Think the first few months knowing the confirmation of what we thought was devastating.
As karaokePete has said, my OH can’t remember the diagnosis and visiting the doctors, but know denying anything is wrong, where I can see the deterioration, a little bit every day, and there’s always a new “challenge”. At least we can relate to everyone on TP as it’s a little bit different, but the same, for everyone. Hugs. X

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Well he failed everything it was awful he has to have blood tests and MRI scan .the doc said he has significant problems . He has cried not like him it's heartbreaking wish he didn't know. We could have carried on pretending .I know that's silly but now it's reality .I will pull myself together.xx
Oh my dear all sympathy, all. It is heartbreaking. In our case, we had no idea it was coming. My husband fell and banged head, doc sent him to hospital for a scan in case it was concussion and doctor sent for us both ... he already had significant brain damage, alzheimers and not a single symptom had we noticed. Nothing. So we went from zero to a hundred in one minute.
Husband didn't cry but he did ask me to promise not to throw him away ... So I cried.
All sympathy to you, you will be with friends here every bit of the way.
Geraldine aka kindred. xx

Scraggy mag

Oct 30, 2018
@Scraggy mag.. don’t we all know that feeling . Think the first few months knowing the confirmation of what we thought was devastating.
As karaokePete has said, my OH can’t remember the diagnosis and visiting the doctors, but know denying anything is wrong, where I can see the deterioration, a little bit every day, and there’s always a new “challenge”. At least we can relate to everyone on TP as it’s a little bit different, but the same, for everyone. Hugs. X
It is such a cruel disease taking our partners away bit by bit .stay strong hugs to you take care xx

Scraggy mag

Oct 30, 2018
Oh my dear all sympathy, all. It is heartbreaking. In our case, we had no idea it was coming. My husband fell and banged head, doc sent him to hospital for a scan in case it was concussion and doctor sent for us both ... he already had significant brain damage, alzheimers and not a single symptom had we noticed. Nothing. So we went from zero to a hundred in one minute.
Husband didn't cry but he did ask me to promise not to throw him away ... So I cried.
All sympathy to you, you will be with friends here every bit of the way.
Geraldine aka kindred. xx
That must have been such a shock for you at least I was prepared known for a long time but still a shock to be told . We have to try and enjoy life best we can .tonight with tea we are having a glass of wine he was it's Thursday I said we need it today bad day enjoy take care thank you for the reply I don't feel alone xx

Sad Staffs

Jun 26, 2018
I’m so sad for you. It’s so hard seeing them so distressed. Our men have been brought up to be tough and strong, and it’s a weakness to cry.
When my husband was in hospital in March, post sepsis, he cried every time I arrived and throughout my visit. A mere hold of his hand was enough. I would sit there crying with him. I had never seen him cry before.
Now he gets distressed frequently, but it still isn’t easy to see.
Our husbands aren’t the same people. I have had to learn to be the strong one. I have always been a strong capable person in my career, but learned to let him take control in our home life for 45 years.
Now the roles are reversed. I’m taking care of him and of our life. It isn’t what I want, but it’s how things are now.
I’m thinking of you. I hope you can get support and comfort.
With love, B xx

Scraggy mag

Oct 30, 2018
I’m so sad for you. It’s so hard seeing them so distressed. Our men have been brought up to be tough and strong, and it’s a weakness to cry.
When my husband was in hospital in March, post sepsis, he cried every time I arrived and throughout my visit. A mere hold of his hand was enough. I would sit there crying with him. I had never seen him cry before.
Now he gets distressed frequently, but it still isn’t easy to see.
Our husbands aren’t the same people. I have had to learn to be the strong one. I have always been a strong capable person in my career, but learned to let him take control in our home life for 45 years.
Now the roles are reversed. I’m taking care of him and of our life. It isn’t what I want, but it’s how things are now.
I’m thinking of you. I hope you can get support and comfort.
With love, B xx
It is hard for all of us but when you have had lovely times in the past it is heartbreaking we are all in the same boat it does help knowing we are all dealing with this . I am strong too but today nearly broke me.but I'm back now I think he has forgot already what happened this morning thank goodness .thank you for your reply keep strong take care xx