Dreading today

Jean1234

Mar 19, 2015
Today is my 70th birthday. I have been dreading today as it will be my first birthday since my OH went into a CH. But it has turned out to be a lovely day. A friend took me out for a lovely lunch and then I went into the CH to visit my OH. As soon as I got there the Carers told me to sit next to him and shut my eyes. They then produced a lovely potted plant and a card which he had done his best to write in for me. A card which I will treasure as it must have taken him a great deal of care to write. They then came in with a plate of fairy cakes with a candle in for me to blow out and sang happy birthday to me. How wonderful is that and I’m only the wife of a resident! My OH then managed to sing happy birthday to me. Absolutely priceless! I was expecting none of this, I had even decided not to mention my birthday as I didn’t want to upset him as he would have forgotten. I honestly can say this birthday means more to me than any other as such care had gone into it. I feel truly blessed.

maryjoan

Mar 25, 2017
South of the Border
How lovely for you - I am so happy for your day, and the happiness it brought to you.

I have the same birthday next month, and I decided to have a 'Christmas Party' to mark it - I know OH will not be doing anything for me, so the idea of a Christmas Party covers it all quite nicely. I hope.

Please let me wish you a Very Happy Birthday indeed xxx

MaddieJ

Sep 1, 2017
That is so lovely. I turned 70 last month and OH wasn't aware and I decided a celebration would be too much but family and friends thought otherwise and this encouraged OH to know and he bought and wrote a special card for me. I treasure it as having more meaning than was truly felt but I can pretend.

Malalie

Sep 1, 2016
What a wonderful uplifting post! Happy Birthday Jean, and I'm glad you had a lovely day.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m just in time to wish you Happy Birthday @Jean1234.

The best times are the unexpected surprises and I`m so pleased for you.

Please accept a virtual birthday greeting.

Birthday bucket.jpg

AliceA

May 27, 2016
How wonderful, how much it must mean to you. Such an uplifting post. Thank you for sharing the Joy,
Xxx