No more oh brother

elvismad

Jan 8, 2012
So sorry Tin, sending you much love and hugs and wishing you all the strength. Your mum is at peace.

AliceA

May 27, 2016
It must have been such a shock, when you can take care of yourself. X

Jale

Jul 9, 2018
Tin, so sorry for your loss, be kind to yourself and take care x

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
A sad day Amy, I did not sleep well last night. I have avoided people today, their wonderful understanding and care for me just makes me cry. I woke this morning and for a brief moment I was on my way to check on mum, took a few seconds to remember she had gone. Monday I shall be registering the death and getting appropriate paperwork then on to funeral directors to finalise things. Am taking all this one day at a time and when everything is over I will start thinking about my future plans and income. Carers Allowance was useful to me, but will soon have to find a way to replace that cash in my bank account, bills still have to be paid.

yak55

Jun 15, 2015
So here it is, the post I did not want to make. My mum died this afternoon. She past as peacefully as anyone could, after a few days of problems she just stopped breathing and just after the gp and I discussed end of life and medication that would be needed and I was planning to collect said medication this afternoon. I checked on her then went to put laundry away, back to check and no longer breathing, all in a few minutes. Of course my heart is breaking, she has now left the building spirit and body.

I will post but here is my message to all of you that are starting this journey, never ever give up, try to understand this horrible illness, make the best of what you are dealing with today. As angry or confused you get, please please remember it is harder, so much harder for the person suffering from Dementia.

I now have to deal with this horrible feeling of loss and this afternoon my house has been full of people, medical, friends and family. They have now all gone and that is why I am posting this, because you people have been a great support for me. cannot think what else to say, so just going to stop typing and post.
My thoughts are with you Tin sending love x

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Logged in for the first time in a couple of days, and was so shocked to read this Tin.

You have been amazing, your Mum was so lucky to have you and I hope that knowing that you did everything you possibly could to care for and support her brings you some comfort amidst the grief.

Sending you lots of love and sympathy, Tin xxxxx

Primrose19

Nov 27, 2016
Many condolences, I’ve been reading your thread since I discovered TP, always impressed at your concern for your mother.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
So here it is, the post I did not want to make. My mum died this afternoon. She past as peacefully as anyone could, after a few days of problems she just stopped breathing and just after the gp and I discussed end of life and medication that would be needed and I was planning to collect said medication this afternoon. I checked on her then went to put laundry away, back to check and no longer breathing, all in a few minutes. Of course my heart is breaking, she has now left the building spirit and body.

I will post but here is my message to all of you that are starting this journey, never ever give up, try to understand this horrible illness, make the best of what you are dealing with today. As angry or confused you get, please please remember it is harder, so much harder for the person suffering from Dementia.

I now have to deal with this horrible feeling of loss and this afternoon my house has been full of people, medical, friends and family. They have now all gone and that is why I am posting this, because you people have been a great support for me. cannot think what else to say, so just going to stop typing and post.

Tin! My heart goes out to you. Thankyou for the support you've given me and try to think that your mum is at rest.

Love

MaNaAk

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Thank you all, your postings are a great comfort. My thoughts are drifting about those of you that are going through hard times caring, how this illness can test your strength, patience and understanding.

Marnie63

Dec 26, 2015
Hampshire
Tin, just back from being away and saw your post. I'm so sorry to hear of your mum's passing. It's going to be tough now, but I think (and hope) that the strength we build from the caring will help us through the grieving. I naively thought that the anticipatory grief would ease the grief of mum's passing, but I don't think it has. Two months now and I miss her dreadfully and the long, dark evenings are tough.

I wish you every strength through this most difficult time. Your mum is now, like mine, at peace and free of that dreadful illness. Let's hope that wherever they are, there is no more pain, no more discomfort, and no more confusion.

Best wishes. Thinking of you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amyelizabeth