A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

AliceA

May 27, 2016
I do not want to speak out of turn, I remember a conversation about oneness.
You and I become we. We is a pair so still two however close.
I is finally One again but has fully absorbed totally of the other deeply inside. We is redundant, you are what I am. I am what we produced. Sorry if this sounds obscure, words never really explain feelings.
I hope this does not tread on sacred ground.

To a little extent I find a truth in this, as I take on things we shared my strength lies in what we experienced and did together. It does not help the pain that catches unawares when I struggle with something outwardly mundane.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I is finally One again but has fully absorbed totally of the other deeply inside.

I can identify with the above Alice . I have no sacred ground.

The first line of this Thread `A new stage in my life `. dealing with loss is;

Before it was about Us . Now it will be about Me

I hope you're feeling better this afternoon.

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
It is true that it takes years to say "my" and "I" instead of "our" and "we". I still say "we" when I recount old stories and after 44 years of marriage most feature Ray. But more and more of the people I associate with now never knew or don't remember the pre dementia Ray anyway. It is a difficult transition but in the end we all get there.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Yes I suppose I say `we` when recalling an event we shared and `I` , since Dhiren died. What shocked me is my son is still our son and my grandchildren are still our grandchildren and now I'm saying `my`.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It is such a beautiful day I decided a bit of variety was needed for my regular cliff top walk so caught the bus to Ramsgate.

The walk way was wide enough for pedestrians, dogs, wheelchairs and bikes. The sea was calm, the sun was warm.

I passed moving tributes on memorial benches.

I stopped for a coffee then walked slowly down to the harbour for my bus home.

IMG_0968.jpg
IMG_0970.jpg
IMG_0973.jpg
IMG_0974.jpg
IMG_0976.jpg
IMG_0977.jpg
IMG_0979.jpg
IMG_0982.jpg
IMG_0985.jpg
IMG_0987.jpg

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
Wonderful photos @Grannie G - I do sometimes toy with the idea of moving close to the coast and enjoying lovely walks along the sea front. My brother has a property in Ramsgate which he is going to rent out for a few years before possibly moving into it himself when he retires. Maybe I'll relocate down that way too!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Wonderful photos @Grannie G - I do sometimes toy with the idea of moving close to the coast and enjoying lovely walks along the sea front. My brother has a property in Ramsgate which he is going to rent out for a few years before possibly moving into it himself when he retires. Maybe I'll relocate down that way too!

It`s a lovely area Lynne / @LynneMcV and a lovely climate. It`s the best move I've made.

@Izzy and @Saffie I will take this walk more often. The walkway surface is tarmac so there are no raised manholes or uneven flags. Also there are no tempting shops , just a couple of cafes. I used to go to a relative's support group at one of the cafes. I don`t know why I've left it so long.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Thanks @LadyA.

How are you and how is your mother?
Oh, we're fine thanks Sylvia. Mum's getting more forgetful, and a little confused at times - but nothing alarming, yet. Her deteriorating mobility is more of a worry. There are an ever increasing number of appointments at different clinics - retinopathy, cardiology, dermatology, podiatry, orthopaedic, renal, diabetic, - apart from her regular GP appointments. Keeps me busy, that and keeping up with my grandson! :)

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
Lovely photos Sylvia...I know Ramsgate well...my grandmother lived there in the 60s so often stayed with her. Remember getting the hovercraft many times to France from Pegwell Bay with mum and dad on our camping holidays. My OH and I often come down and people/boat watch in the summer.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I used to play the piano. Nothing spectacular for sure but I played for school assemblies and for my own pleasure .

I had to sell my piano when we downsized and haven't really missed it till now when I have more time on my hands.

I have thought of buying an electronic keyboard but am still limited for space and would hate to spend a lot of money and not be happy with it.

A friend has also downsized and has a piano and a keyboard . She has offered me indefinite loan of the keyboard so I can try it out.

I'm so excited.

I gave all my music away so will now need to source sheet music shops.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
How exciting Sylvia! Good for both hands, brain and spirits! And playing solely for your own pleasure is no less valuable than playing for an audience. Enjoy every moment!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
How lovely Sylvia. I do wish I could play.

Thanks Lady A and Izzy.

Izzy I don't know if I`ll still be able to play. I'm sure my fingers have stiffened up and I`ll need a lot of practice but I'm hoping for the best.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I gave all my music away so will now need to source sheet music shops.

There are plenty of sites where you can view and/or print off sheet music, with most you can also listen to it being played e.g. https://www.8notes.com/piano/

My wife played the piano as a child and we bought one for the children to learn on.
After her death I had no use for it,children had no space and I wanted to gain some space, nobody wanted to buy it, I could not give it away to care homes or community centres even offering to pay transport.
Everybody said it took up space, could not be moved from room to room, was easily damaged and had to be maintained, portable keyboards were much better.
I had decided to relieve the tension on the strings, attack it with sledge hammer and angle grinder and take it to the tip, when an advert on the notice board where one of my daughters worked had success and it was collected by a young family for children to learn on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryMc086