Worsening Altzheimers

sqeaker

May 10, 2017
My husbands condition has got worse over the last year, he has problems knowing where to go toilet. I always used to have a pot for him during the night, however the last couple of weeks he has gone in his pants although he seems to be awake.
And quite a few times it has wet the sheet so changing beds at various times of night.

I dont know why this has changed its extremely tiring. does anyone else know about this. also he has problems knowing when he wants to go the other so that ends up in the pads, its so upsetting seeing the man that used to do everything wearing pads at night and day.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Unfortunately the extent of the brain pathology reaches the area where the necessary signals are received and so they cannot be processed. As upsetting time for all.

I have seen references to things known as Kylie sheets which may assist you protect the bed etc. Otherwise the GP may be able to refer you to a continence service.

If this has come on suddenly an infection may be responsible or if any medication had been added or changed recently a side effect may be responsible so it would be an idea to eliminate these things.

You may get some tips from this factsheet - just click the link

https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/media/8261

Theresalwaystomorrow

Dec 23, 2017
Hi sqeaker
This terrible disease!!
As preivious post mayb get a uti test done as this can make things worse but unfortunately being double in continent is part of this cruel Alzheimer’s.
Using other areas as toilet is very common it is a 25hr supervision job I’m afraid
Keep talking on this site it is very helpful. I read more than I post but I learn so much .

sqeaker

May 10, 2017
Hi sqeaker
This terrible disease!!
As preivious post mayb get a uti test done as this can make things worse but unfortunately being double in continent is part of this cruel Alzheimer’s.
Using other areas as toilet is very common it is a 25hr supervision job I’m afraid
Keep talking on this site it is very helpful. I read more than I post but I learn so much .

Thank you everso no uti im trying to be as best I can buy it is so tireing. but this site helps,