Please don't throw me away, breaking my promise

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Oh my goodness me!! Absolutely beautiful golden leaves and conker day here, amazing. Residents largely happy AND THEN a little company that comes on to do dance with music with them put on Elvis: You aint nothing but a hound dog and the effect was electric, electric. It was a little too loud for comfort so I stayed with Keith but even he was bouncing around. Some of the residents who are very profoundly disabled were encouraged to stand up and do dance moves. I could hardly believe my eyes it was so transforming.
Great afternoon. Keith very talkative, still worried about the unions. Keith was able to sit up straight while I held his shoulder and that was lovely, too.
Oh these moments of excitement and happiness we have here, such a gift.
Love and best, crumbs I'm flippin exhausted. Geraldinexxx

Toony Oony

Jun 21, 2016
Glad you had a good day @kindred - yesterday Mum was (yet again) wrapped in a snake, as the animal guys came in ... they are frequent guests. Mum adores all animals - always has, and she always tries to hang on to them as long as possible when they visit. Not many residents like the snakes .... but Mum does! I haven't been in today, but I think it is National Dog Day, so 2 daschunds were going in to play and celebrate!

Bonding: 'the formation of a close relationship (as between a mother and child or person and animal) especially through frequent or constant association' . I'm sorry but 'neural pathways' can go and do one as far as I am concerned!

I like the idea of being a Bond girl - here's something to make you laugh .... your Bond Girl Name Generator
https://www.lovereading.co.uk/bond-villain/

Toony Oony seems a little tame when compared to my 'Bond name' .............. Dr Chastity Allura!

XX

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Glad you had a good day @kindred - yesterday Mum was (yet again) wrapped in a snake, as the animal guys came in ... they are frequent guests. Mum adores all animals - always has, and she always tries to hang on to them as long as possible when they visit. Not many residents like the snakes .... but Mum does! I haven't been in today, but I think it is National Dog Day, so 2 daschunds were going in to play and celebrate!

Bonding: 'the formation of a close relationship (as between a mother and child or person and animal) especially through frequent or constant association' . I'm sorry but 'neural pathways' can go and do one as far as I am concerned!

I like the idea of being a Bond girl - here's something to make you laugh .... your Bond Girl Name Generator
https://www.lovereading.co.uk/bond-villain/

Toony Oony seems a little tame when compared to my 'Bond name' .............. Dr Chastity Allura!

XX
Oh thank you, I will look up mine!! Loved to hear about your mum and the snakes and did not know it is national dog day today! Don't you love it.
So appreciate you giving the definition of bonding, of course, of course, it is all barking mad, this constant telling us what to say and what not to say and yet I would not say the world in general is getting more loving as a result of it all.
So good to hear from you, your mum wrapped in snakes!!! love and best, Geraldinexxx aka kindred. I shall refer to myself as Bonding Woman.

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Goodness me. Keith's first words to me this morning were, I hope you realise it's taken me hundreds of years to get to this position ...and he wasn't talking about the unions this time, Sometimes I reflect that Keith (one presumes) knows nothing of our anxious, speeded up world. I think he would have hated it. Then I think is it the price we pay for our freedom, us ones not in nursing homes ... Then I think oh sod it and think of more cheerful things.
Such as the very nice young man who has appeared in the home as a trainee activity nurse, bringing enthusiasm and energy with him.
Astonishing conversation over lunch as to how much a gallon of whisky costs. I can't even envisage that. One of the residents reckoned fifty pounds, but I have no idea. Then we started to sing:
How much is that whisky in the window?
The one with the golden sheen ..
To the tune (obviously) of how much is that doggie in the window ...
After this, Keith started to sing
Non nobis domine non nobis ... I think this is a Latin grace but forgive me if spelled wrong.
When I left the residents were having a very posh bone china tea party with cake and poetry ...
I should have stayed!!
Love and best, Geraldine, aka kindred. xxxxx

Sad Staffs

Jun 26, 2018
Lovely warm vibrant post Geraldine... thank you. I read your posts and feel grounded yet uplifted, if you can understand what I mean!
Do you have any idea how important you and your posts are to so many of us? Can I send love to you and your lovely Keith.
Thank you, love B xx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Lovely warm vibrant post Geraldine... thank you. I read your posts and feel grounded yet uplifted, if you can understand what I mean!
Do you have any idea how important you and your posts are to so many of us? Can I send love to you and your lovely Keith.
Thank you, love B xx
Oh thank you, B, thank you so much and I hope you understand how much you give me courage to carry on, thank you so much. Means the world to me. with all love, thankyou, Geraldinexx

Sad Staffs

Jun 26, 2018
Oh thank you, B, thank you so much and I hope you understand how much you give me courage to carry on, thank you so much. Means the world to me. with all love, thankyou, Geraldinexx
Not sure what I would do without you Geraldine.
You are a shining light in the pea soup of our lives.
And yet I know all the comfort and strength that you give to us here on TP cannot be easy for you. We all have lives that we don’t want. We want life as it used to be. But you share your amazing strength with us, and I for one am so very grateful. I feel privileged to be part of your life....
With much love to you, Barbra xx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Not sure what I would do without you Geraldine.
You are a shining light in the pea soup of our lives.
And yet I know all the comfort and strength that you give to us here on TP cannot be easy for you. We all have lives that we don’t want. We want life as it used to be. But you share your amazing strength with us, and I for one am so very grateful. I feel privileged to be part of your life....
With much love to you, Barbra xx
Barbra, thank you with all love and heart. Oh darling one, of course we want life as it used to be, of course we do. You most certainly are part of my life, most certainly and thank you with all heart. Always here, always. with love, Geraldinexxxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Dear oh dear what a day! The rain and wind so confused me that I wore my apron to Keith's home, underneath my mac. Mind you, I have worn it to work many times, including when I used to work in London, and someone pointed it out to me on the tube.
Well it was dark, but Keith's first words to me were Have they had the lighting rehearsal yet? So I said yes they have, and the sound rehearsal too sweetheart.
Then the laundry lady came and did a Charlie Chaplin impression about her wet trousers from walking to work. This got residents giggling.
Keith and I made funny noises to each other (he was always the master of funny noises, it's a man thing I think) and then he fell asleep so off I went to talk to a resident who was simply not eating because she was so low.
She whispered to me, why are you here?
So I said I come to see Keith and everyone
And she said no, what are you doing here, with me?
So I said, I like being with you, you know that. And I want to get you to eat something.
And she said, are you right in the head?
So I said probably not but why do you ask
And she said because why would anyone bother with me?
And I said because they love you and you know that I do ...
And she said, simply, and I love you.

That's a poem in its own right.
Thank you folks, thank you. I love it that you are here with me. with love, Geraldine aka kindredxxxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Straight to Keith and we sung our hello song, I sing hello and he sings hello, then I vary the rhythm slightly and see if he can copy it. Often he can. It's a lovely form of communication. Did I tell you guys that apparently the duke and duchess of windsor, when they were dining in public and had nothing to say to each other, used to recite the alphabet to each other with feeling ... then it would look like they were communicating. Don't know what reminded me of that, but still ...
One of the other male residents said that if i tried to cheer him up he would knock my block off. i must have looked a bit taken aback because he then winked at me.
Keith and I then did a bit of singing of Beethoven's fifth piano concerto together, and the residents who were awake clapped!
I am trying to see if Keith's home has a microphone I can borrow so I can do some singing episodes.
Church tomorrow so will check back in with you on Monday. Love and best, Geraldine aka kindred xxxxxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Your last two posts are heartwarming, Geraldine.

I look forward to your new forum name, karaokeKindred. :D
Thanks, Pete, great to hear from you. I shall persist, this is greatly encouraging! Do you know, until I went to Keith's new home, I had forgotten how much I love to sing.
warmest, love, Geraldinexxx

Starbright

Apr 8, 2018
Hello Geraldine yet another warm post from you ...I wish I had just a smidger of your lovely enthusiasm
Kindest A x

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
OK, so I tear myself away from the interesting problems of the young and off to Keith's home for the refreshingly simpler (trust me, I mean it) problems of the elderly.
Good heavens! ACTIVITY!! Social whirlwind. This is interesting in itself. It is hairdresser day (usual barneys about will or won't have hair done!) there is a young social worker here, a new resident (always releases huge waves of energy) and tea and cake is about to be served. Keith, however, is asleep. So I give him a big kiss on his head and leave the imprint of my bright red lipstick. He sleeps on.
So get involved in the activity, join the queue to speak to the new resident, start helping serve the tea and cake, question the lovely (I mean it) social worker about her vocation and how she finds the job. Manager of the home arrives and joins in all the talk and we are still wondering how much a gallon of whisky would cost ... answers on a postcard please!
More tomorrow guys, thank you for reading! Geraldine, aka kindredxxxxxxx

Rosebush

Apr 2, 2018
OK, so I tear myself away from the interesting problems of the young and off to Keith's home for the refreshingly simpler (trust me, I mean it) problems of the elderly.
Good heavens! ACTIVITY!! Social whirlwind. This is interesting in itself. It is hairdresser day (usual barneys about will or won't have hair done!) there is a young social worker here, a new resident (always releases huge waves of energy) and tea and cake is about to be served. Keith, however, is asleep. So I give him a big kiss on his head and leave the imprint of my bright red lipstick. He sleeps on.
So get involved in the activity, join the queue to speak to the new resident, start helping serve the tea and cake, question the lovely (I mean it) social worker about her vocation and how she finds the job. Manager of the home arrives and joins in all the talk and we are still wondering how much a gallon of whisky would cost ... answers on a postcard please!
More tomorrow guys, thank you for reading! Geraldine, aka kindredxxxxxxx
Hi Kindred always read you lovely posts, do you think.Keith's lovely care home would find a place for me? PLEASE:D.Lx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Hi Kindred always read you lovely posts, do you think.Keith's lovely care home would find a place for me? PLEASE:D.Lx
OH I KNOW. I would like to book myself in for after I have my hip operation. Thank you so very much for your loving and encouraging words. We will both book ourselves in!! Thank you so much. Love Geraldinexxxx