I wish I could do a jigsaw

Rosebush

Apr 2, 2018
Now the dark nights are almost here I would love to sit in front of the tv and do a jigsaw unfortunately OH has other ideas, because he can no longer do a jigsaw he doesn't think I should either! I have tried but after about 10 minutes he starts sighing and says I think you should leave it till tomorrow I've also tried to paint the woodwork but that gets the same response, it seems I am only allowed to do want he wants. Does anybody else have this problem?

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
I used to with Dad...any activity that took my 1 to 1 attention from him..he 2as also the same if I was talking to someone else.....I think it is quite common...maybe because the pwd doesn't feel settled their feeling of insecurity which they can't express shows in that way. Initially it seemed an attention seeking thing but I learned with dad that whilst seeming that way...it wasn't..he just couldn't help it.

mab

Mar 6, 2010
Surrey
Whatever I attempt, if not immediately related to OH, is either unnecessary or a waste of time.
Don't be swayed by this. You need to gently get on with your own harmless enjoyments otherwise you'll wear yourself away trying to placate him. You're in this for the long haul and need a few hobbies of your own. Please don't allow yourself to be bullied by dementia from this stage.

Rosebush

Apr 2, 2018
Whatever I attempt, if not immediately related to OH, is either unnecessary or a waste of time.
Don't be swayed by this. You need to gently get on with your own harmless enjoyments otherwise you'll wear yourself away trying to placate him. You're in this for the long haul and need a few hobbies of your own. Please don't allow yourself to be bullied by dementia from this stage.
I do play games on my tablet or phone usually when OH is asleep, I have tried doing a jigsaw with OH but it's a complete waste of time as he hasn't a clue what to do even if I show him I just wish I could find something to occupy him but he's just not interested in anything, thank God I've got the dog (love the photo of the little dog).