BBC

AliceA

May 27, 2016
I would like to echo Geraldine's words. You are doing us all proud. You probably need reports from your own area but we are routing for you. Xxx

maryjoan

Mar 25, 2017
South of the Border
Mary Joan I missed the interview...can you send me a link or something.
Sorry PalSal but it was only on iplayer for 24 hours, as it's a daily programme. I raised such things as respite care, and also the fact that pensioners cannot get carers allowance - I am still getting emails about it !

maryjoan

Mar 25, 2017
South of the Border
I would like to echo Geraldine's words. You are doing us all proud. You probably need reports from your own area but we are routing for you. Xxx
Thank you one and all - there are so many things wrong with the system all over the country.. I am trying to help in my own slightly disorganised way!

maryjoan

Mar 25, 2017
South of the Border
maryjoan, is it possible for a local radio or newspaper to ask carers to let the station/paper know if they are very constrained by ‘caring’?

Then you’d have some figures to take to the meeting. I appreciate this could be hard and that The Carers Association might not want to be involved because of a fear it might affect local funding.

I have connections with local radio - so it might be something that can be raised - I have to check to see if there is an embargo on anything first - been caught out by that before!

B72

Jul 21, 2018
Why should there be an embargo? (Although always best to check, though.).

Years ago, I helped a local group of disabled people lobby the local council for something they wanted. The charity which ran the home didn’t want us to do it. They were afraid funding would be reduced. But lots of us attended a local meeting and a councillor agreed to help us, and they got it. Councillors need votes. If a councillor thinks there’s lots of people, lots of local votes, you might get his/her support.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tarydew