Care needs assessment update

sue_1

Mar 29, 2017
Bristol
sorry but can not find original thread. I asked for advice on a needs assessment that was going to be done on mum and was given excellent advice, I wrote everything down, asked for the moon and said I cannot carry on as carer without help. Well today I have received a letter to say mum has been awarded three days at the care Center and four half hours a week, of course she will now have a finance assessment but mum doesn’t have a lot just enough to pay for a funeral at today’s prices. Sounds silly but I feel like I have won on the lottery. A big thank you everyone for your help x

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
sorry but can not find original thread. I asked for advice on a needs assessment that was going to be done on mum and was given excellent advice, I wrote everything down, asked for the moon and said I cannot carry on as carer without help. Well today I have received a letter to say mum has been awarded three days at the care Center and four half hours a week, of course she will now have a finance assessment but mum doesn’t have a lot just enough to pay for a funeral at today’s prices. Sounds silly but I feel like I have won on the lottery. A big thank you everyone for your help x
Brilliant to hear this good news @sue_1 , I'm so pleased.
Lindy xx

AliceA

May 27, 2016

Light at the end of a dark tunnel x

Norfolk Cherry

Feb 17, 2018
You did brilliantly. Remember for the future, that if (when) her needs change, you need to do the same thing again and request a second one. (I hadn't realised that)

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
That is great news @sue_1 . My husband attended a day centre two days per week and thoroughly enjoyed it there. It helped me enormously as his carer because it gave me a little breathing space and time to do some of the things I wanted to do. Well done :)

farmgirl

Jun 2, 2014
shrewsbury
I'm having a carers assesment on Wednesday, first one I've ever had and I've looked after dad for 6 yrs but not sure they can help us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cat09