Awakening from Alzheimer's - regain your brain

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Has anyone come across this video series? If you have read Dr Dale Bredesen's 'The End of Alzheimer's', it may be of interest. I am watching the first in the series at the moment.
https://www.awakeningfromalzheimers.com/
Georgina
There's at least one lengthy thread on this somewhere. On Dr. Bredesen, I mean. If you use the search facility at the top, it should be able to pull it, so you can see the discussion.

Georgina63

Aug 11, 2014
There's at least one lengthy thread on this somewhere. On Dr. Bredesen, I mean. If you use the search facility at the top, it should be able to pull it, so you can see the discussion.

Thanks @LadyA, I remember a discussion a while back with a few of us who read his book. I found this first episode (of 12) very interesting, he is just one of the Dr.s contributing, it would be great to hear what others think if they are able to watch it.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
It's been around a while and if there was anything to it the world would have beaten a path to his door and he'd rightly be proclaimed a genius and given a Noble prize...but that hasn't happened.
One might wonder why.
K

Georgina63

Aug 11, 2014
It's been around a while and if there was anything to it the world would have beaten a path to his door and he'd rightly be proclaimed a genius and given a Noble prize...but that hasn't happened.
One might wonder why.

Hi @Kevinl
When you say it’s been around a while do you mean Bredesen’s book or this particular series (which I haven’t watched before). The videos include interviews from other Drs too, just incase people think it’s just Dr Bredesen.
Thanks, Georgina

K

Essie

Feb 11, 2015
if there was anything to it the world would have beaten a path to his door
K

Not necessarily.... the doctors that contended that most stomach ulcers and gastritis were caused by bacterial infection (H.Pylori) and not by stress or spicy food, (as had been assumed before) were not believed for a number years as it was widely held that nothing could live in the acid environment of the stomach, finally the 'establishment' realised they were right.....

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
. anything that asks for my email address or access to my location gets short shrift!

I refuse to put in my email address in order to be able to view it.

I don't agree with unnecessary email harvesting never mind the possibility of incurring spam.
You can however:
This address only lasts for 10 minutes although you can extend by 10 minute intervals if needs be.
I did not do that but used another method to see what would happen, it looks as if they may send a daily link, hopefully https://10minutemail.net will get you the first link.
If you like it and want more just create a throw away gmail address to prevent infection of any of your normal addresses.

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
I haven't seen this, but do you guys remember the film (based on fact) Awakenings with Robert de Niro and Robin Williams. This was an event something like this.
Big question is has anyone survived Alzheimers?
warmest, very interesting business, Kindred.

Georgina63

Aug 11, 2014
I haven't seen this, but do you guys remember the film (based on fact) Awakenings with Robert de Niro and Robin Williams. This was an event something like this.
Big question is has anyone survived Alzheimers?
warmest, very interesting business, Kindred.
Hi @kindred
There are examples given (in Dr Breseden’s book and in interviews) of where symptoms have been improved and reversed. It’s hard not to be sceptical but equally I like to think I’m keeping an open mind, particularly if there is real hope of treatment or preventative measures which will benefit people in the future. Gx

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Haven’t read anything about it, but are people absolutely sure the diagnosis was dementia? There are several conditions that mimic it, or cause similar symptoms.
Wouldn’t be the first case of misdiagnosis.

Georgina63

Aug 11, 2014
Haven’t read anything about it, but are people absolutely sure the diagnosis was dementia? There are several conditions that mimic it, or cause similar symptoms.
Wouldn’t be the first case of misdiagnosis.

It does talk in detail about the diagnoses so I don’t think there’s a question about that and it does also point out as you say that there can be other causes/conditions.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
The thing I always ask myself is - is better sleep, good nutrition etc really going to create new brain cells to replace the ones that have died and are continuing to die? Does the atrophy shown on scans improve?

Chase

Apr 21, 2021
My relative was on Dale Bredesen‘s ReCode protocol for over a year. We registered with the Health company (where Bredesen is chief scientific officer). It is an expensive service which offers „guidance“ on how to do the protocol. Listening to Bredesen’s regular town halls there I do not have the impression that Bredesen actually believes his method can reverse (or even slow) mild, moderate or severe AD (that is Alzheimer’s dementia). In the forums at the Health company I did not read one single story of anyone with AD improving. I even reached out in one of the forums asking for other’s success stories. In 13 months I did not receive one single reply. Only stories of loved ones going downhill. The Health company recommends working with a practitioner trained in the Bredesen method. In the practitioner registry there are life coaches, dentists, obgyn‘s, etc. But I did not find one single neurologist or geriontologist on the list. I could go on and on with examples highlighting my reasons for recommending anyone interested in trying this method to do their homework. Read the critiques of this protocol published in serious journals. Don’t believe the hype.

Last edited:

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Thank you for coming back with this feedback @Chase
So many people say they are going to try a particular "treatment", but never return.
Cynically I suspect that they do not return because it hasnt worked, but we never know for sure.

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
My question is this: if good diet, exercise, social activities and sufficient sleep can reverse/improve dementia, why is it that people who have done these things all their lives get it in the first place? Because they do...

It's also very suspicious when these self-appointed gurus are making large amounts of money from sharing their so-called solutions. And again, if any of these things worked, how come the Memory Clinic doesn't say, 'Yes, you have dementia, but if you eat healthy meals and get lots of exercise, it will all go away!'

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Sadly, people become so desperate they will try anything. This explains the plethora of methods to cure Alzheimer's and cancer plus many others

If any of these worked, whoever discovered it would get the Nobel prize.