restlessness out of control

tuffydawn

Mar 30, 2015
despite trying different drugs doctors have still not got his extreme restlessness under control days are bad but now it goes on in the evening and seems to get worse he goes to bed five min later he is up and so it goes on as he gets more tired and looks exhausted he gets more wobbly on feet and still his brain wont let him relax it is starting to scare me in the evenings surely there must be a drug to help this poor man feel at peace and relaxed

Thethirdmrsc

Apr 4, 2018
Oh @tuffydawn i feel for you as my husband is similar. For nearly six months now, it starts about 9pm. The pillows aren’t right, the wardrobe scares him, he starts to sweat, he can’t lie down or sit up comfortably, so he then sits in a tub chair in the bedroom, and mutters to himself. He comes downstairs and makes coffee, then comes back up. He had a torch he uses, cause the night lights too bright, and the dark room too dark. He asks for help and talks about suicide. But in the morning, can’t understand why I am tired, and remembers nothing. For a nights sleep I give him sleeping tablets, but I can’t do that every night. At the moment he is dozing off in a chair. I have tried V pillows and a wedge pillow. Next is a small recliner. I would love separate rooms, but he gets upset when I suggest it. I am also not sure what to do next, and very tired.

tuffydawn

Mar 30, 2015
Oh @tuffydawn i feel for you as my husband is similar. For nearly six months now, it starts about 9pm. The pillows aren’t right, the wardrobe scares him, he starts to sweat, he can’t lie down or sit up comfortably, so he then sits in a tub chair in the bedroom, and mutters to himself. He comes downstairs and makes coffee, then comes back up. He had a torch he uses, cause the night lights too bright, and the dark room too dark. He asks for help and talks about suicide. But in the morning, can’t understand why I am tired, and remembers nothing. For a nights sleep I give him sleeping tablets, but I can’t do that every night. At the moment he is dozing off in a chair. I have tried V pillows and a wedge pillow. Next is a small recliner. I would love separate rooms, but he gets upset when I suggest it. I am also not sure what to do next, and very tired.
I feel the same my oh has few words so cant express how he feels or what he wants it seems like manic behaviour at times and i feel very alone with it at night life is tough isnt it?

Thethirdmrsc

Apr 4, 2018
Thank you for those @karaokePete can I obtain them from the society?
I think you have developed the patience of a great saint!! We had a good nights sleep last night due to the 2 sleeping tablets, and he feels refreshed this morning, but obviously cannot do that every night. This is akin to being dropped into an operating theatre and being asked to do surgery, without years of training. We are having to develop and know all these coping mechanisms instantly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suehart