headaches and no energy

Maz 50

Dec 13, 2017
Ellesmere Port
My husband was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's last October. He has started having headaches, no energy and has lost interest in anything. This has been happening more often and it is getting him down as he cannot understand what is happening to his body. I have tried to tell him to listen to his body and test more often. Can anyone help me with this

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Has your husband been to see the GP about this? The lack of interest and no energy could be due to depression which is quite common in those with dementia. The doctor may be able to prescribe something that will help him.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello @Maz 50, I too would suggest anxiety and depression as they are common additions to dementia. The GP should be able to help and there is even a factsheet about this that you can find with this link https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/sites...ownloads/factsheet_depression_and_anxiety.pdf

My wife takes meds for both these conditions as well as her Alzheimer's meds. I also find that bucket loads of reassurance help a bit and that that has to be repeated as often as the meds.

Maz 50

Dec 13, 2017
Ellesmere Port
Has your husband been to see the GP about this? The lack of interest and no energy could be due to depression which is quite common in those with dementia. The doctor may be able to prescribe something that will help him.

He is already on antidepressants and they have really helped him. This is something different to that but is making him feel very low.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
He should see a GP to rule out things like vitamin deficiency or thyroid problems. A simple blood test could bring the answer.