Friday thoughts of Sunday

Greyone

Sep 11, 2013
UK
On Friday morning, when i have the house to myself, i like to sit and guzzle my tea, think of how to finish the week and start the weekend. And usually have a little weep , with sadness,tiredness and loss.

But today i have this strange thought because Sunday will be my monthly visit to pay my respects to mum and dad. I have established this need not to share my Sunday trip with anyone. So when i go it looks like a outdoor walk. 9 on Sunday is far too early for Tescos so i usually grab the flowers i keep in my office. A bunch in a jug in the Kitchen especially on trigger days is such a giveaway.

I have arranged my week so that all of my personal tasks are done in the evenings and weekends, such as my Sunday visit. But today seems odd. The idea conjures up certain feelings inside me. To go shopping for a few things including flowers, to pay my respects and then have lunch somewhere quietly before returning home.

My visits to see mum and dad are now monthly so i may need to be on a downer or patient to try out this idea next month and even now as i write the idea is subsiding in me....

marmarlade

Jan 26, 2015
On Friday morning, when i have the house to myself, i like to sit and guzzle my tea, think of how to finish the week and start the weekend. And usually have a little weep , with sadness,tiredness and loss.

But today i have this strange thought because Sunday will be my monthly visit to pay my respects to mum and dad. I have established this need not to share my Sunday trip with anyone. So when i go it looks like a outdoor walk. 9 on Sunday is far too early for Tescos so i usually grab the flowers i keep in my office. A bunch in a jug in the Kitchen especially on trigger days is such a giveaway.

I have arranged my week so that all of my personal tasks are done in the evenings and weekends, such as my Sunday visit. But today seems odd. The idea conjures up certain feelings inside me. To go shopping for a few things including flowers, to pay my respects and then have lunch somewhere quietly before returning home.

My visits to see mum and dad are now monthly so i may need to be on a downer or patient to try out this idea next month and even now as i write the idea is subsiding in me....
My hubby passed away 18 months ago I seem to be finding this second year harder than the first one.His one wish was to come home after every thing was sorted I brought his ashes home where they still are, for some reason I cannot even think of burying his ashes,I know he,s gone but to me it doesnt seen so final.Its odd the things that our minds think off when we have lost loved ones, we all feel the loss differently and we carry on as best we can

Greyone

Sep 11, 2013
UK
My hubby passed away 18 months ago I seem to be finding this second year harder than the first one.His one wish was to come home after every thing was sorted I brought his ashes home where they still are, for some reason I cannot even think of burying his ashes,I know he,s gone but to me it doesnt seen so final.Its odd the things that our minds think off when we have lost loved ones, we all feel the loss differently and we carry on as best we can
yes. My 2nd year seemed harder but i do think my third year is going a little easier because i have got over the shock that they are definitely not coming back. I like the way you say we all feel our loss differently... I think the bit i'm missing is what is slowly returning to me and maybe when you feel more whole you will be able to let go of his ashes and move on. Thanks so much for stopping by.