At the end of my tether...

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
You dont have to say just yet.

Mum got pneumonia at one point and the doctors were saying that if the anti-biotics didnt work then they would "make her comfortable". I knew what this meant, but was then surprised to find that she did respond to the anti-biotics and bounced back!

Wait and see what happens, you have planned for the worst, but it might not be just yet.

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
I'm so sorry to hear your news @Bunpoots :(
Such a difficult time, but you are being so brave and I am sure your dad would be both grateful and proud of you.
Love and (((hugs)))
Lindy xx

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
I haven't seen my dad for three days now. My sister came at the weekend and saw him on Friday and Saturday. He's got a cough and is very tired but much the same otherwise.

I managed to put my knee out of joint (again!!) going down the hospital steps. So I haven't been able to walk. It was lucky that sis was here. Yesterday she tried phoning our brother but can't get an answer. So she sent him a text explaining the situation and asking him to visit dad. No answer. No surprise :mad:.
I can think of some very choice names for him but I won't put them here :mad::mad::mad:

At least now sis knows how bro has been behaving. I bet he was out on his boat yesterday as it was a lovely day. And that is far more important than dad :(:(:(

I'm off to the chiropractor now so hopefully he'll be able to sort out my latest knee glitch and I can see dad today.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Im so sorry to hear about your knee @Bunpoots - just what you dont need. I hope the chiropractor can sort it out.

I hate to ask, but is your dad responding to the antibiotics?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Total sympathy @Bunpoots

I don`t know anything about the medical condition of your knee but I do share your anxiety about knee pain and I'm another who has to approach steps and stairs very carefully.

In order to try to prevent replacement knee surgery I have a sequence of exercises which have been approved by my physiotherapist. I do them lying on the bed every morning and they take about 10 minutes. They have helped strengthen the muscles and I no longer need pain relief.

I found these exercises online while waiting for an appointment. When I finally saw the Therapist and showed her the exercises, she said " You have done my job for me." :)

I'm including a link. Ignore them if the exercises are not suitable but I really hope they might help.

https://www.allinahealth.org/health...ng-for-surgery/before-surgery-knee-exercises/

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
The chiropractor thinks it's soft tissue damage rather than joint damage. He checked the knee then stuck needles in:eek:. I have to be careful this week and do straightening exercises and ice packs on the back of my knee. Going back on Friday - hopefully will be feeling better by then. I'll just have to hobble to see dad today.

I'm not sure how dad's doing with the antibiotics @canary - I'm worried that he's still coughing.

Thanks for the exercises @Grannie G. I already do some of them but I'll be doing the others - very gingerly!!!

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Good news on the knee front

(((((((hugs))))) to bolster you before the visit to your dad
As unpleasant as it will be, I think its probably a good idea to talk to the doctor to find out what is happening.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
I've been to see dad. Didn't stay long as he was refusing to open his eyes (apparently ate his dinner with his eyes shut). He's very tired but not coughing. Not sure if this is good or bad. He looked OK, but has lost weight.

Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to speak to the doctor as the whole ward has just been moved down a floor so everything was rather chaotic @canary.

I'll go tomorrow to see if I can speak to someone. An hour or so after lunch seems to be the best time.

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
I'm sorry to hear about your knee, Bunpoots. As if you didn't have enough to deal with, already. I hope you manage to speak with someone soon. Sending (((((((((hugs))))))))) your way.

Rolypoly

Jan 15, 2018
Sorry to hear about the downturn in your dad and your knee problems. I hope you get some encouraging news when you next visit, and that your knee gets better quickly. Sending hugs.​

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
I spoke to the doctor and it seems dad has had a "good response" to the antibiotics :)

They are waiting for the results of his heart scan and if all is well, and the doc thinks from is obs that it will be, the social worker will be looking for a placement in an assessment bed in the next few days. Of course this is where we were last week...

My knee also seems to be settling down so as long as I can resist the temptation to over do things...:rolleyes: