The rollercoaster is off again...

Timeout

Feb 10, 2012
Hello all, just another update. Mums jaundice it turns out may be due to a cancer not a liver problem as we first though but a kidney problem - as she's at end stage Alzheimer's it has been agreed that she won't have invasive tests to find out where it is seated but wherevr it is it seems to be affecting her kidneys as she hasn't passed water since last night. The GP was called this morning and the care home have fitted a catheter to see if that improves things. They called so I rushed to see her this morning and the GP was there and was lovely, he does think she has some fluid in her abdomen too as that feels a bit firm and rotund and she seemed a little breathless. Her legs and arms are very thin but her tummy does seem big in contrast. The GP has prescribed a butrans patch in case she's in any pain although she doesn't appear to be. She's eaten some food at lunchtime though and is drinking well. As long as she can be kept pain free I'm happy for her to stay in the care home.

YorkshireLass

Feb 15, 2017
Ilkley
Hello all, just another update. Mums jaundice it turns out may be due to a cancer not a liver problem as we first though but a kidney problem - as she's at end stage Alzheimer's it has been agreed that she won't have invasive tests to find out where it is seated but wherevr it is it seems to be affecting her kidneys as she hasn't passed water since last night. The GP was called this morning and the care home have fitted a catheter to see if that improves things. They called so I rushed to see her this morning and the GP was there and was lovely, he does think she has some fluid in her abdomen too as that feels a bit firm and rotund and she seemed a little breathless. Her legs and arms are very thin but her tummy does seem big in contrast. The GP has prescribed a butrans patch in case she's in any pain although she doesn't appear to be. She's eaten some food at lunchtime though and is drinking well. As long as she can be kept pain free I'm happy for her to stay in the care home.
Thinking of you and sending love and a hug xxxx