Goodbye to mum today

Jale

Jul 9, 2018
Some very good advice from others. ( I'm having some problems with my brother at the moment and I know that the proverbial will hit the fan when something happens to mum.) I know how hard it is to have to listen to some of the cr*p that is spouted, but as the saying goes empty vessels make the most sound

Sending hugs your way

BLIP

Jul 22, 2018
so the call came this morning, I was at work in the middle of the office when the police rang my mobile to tell me the news. Work were very kind and ushered me into a taxi and sent me on my way to my parents house. She had died in her sleep in the early hours of this morning. I was able to sit with her for an hour or two and held her hand and kissed her cold forehead. I lit candles and my daughter picked a bunch of lavender from the garden (her favourite flower). The house was very busy with carers and phone calls to deal with. Had to break the news to my dad (who himself is 96 and very frail). Sister away, she is back tomorrow and I will,have her to deal with (no,we don’t see eye to eye on a lot of things) she also hid away my mums do not resuscitate document and the ambulance people tried cpr on my poor mum when this was the last thing I wanted for her. This really has upset me the most.
I am writing this in bed, I can’t sleep thinking of my mum laying alone at the hospital.
It’s been a tough 8 long years. She has fought off every sort of illness, in and out of hospital over,the years. She is now free of this debilitating disease and at peace at last.
Tomorrow is another day, so much to do, so much to organise. Thanks for reading.

BLIP

Jul 22, 2018
so the call came this morning, I was at work in the middle of the office when the police rang my mobile to tell me the news. Work were very kind and ushered me into a taxi and sent me on my way to my parents house. She had died in her sleep in the early hours of this morning. I was able to sit with her for an hour or two and held her hand and kissed her cold forehead. I lit candles and my daughter picked a bunch of lavender from the garden (her favourite flower). The house was very busy with carers and phone calls to deal with. Had to break the news to my dad (who himself is 96 and very frail). Sister away, she is back tomorrow and I will,have her to deal with (no,we don’t see eye to eye on a lot of things) she also hid away my mums do not resuscitate document and the ambulance people tried cpr on my poor mum when this was the last thing I wanted for her. This really has upset me the most.
I am writing this in bed, I can’t sleep thinking of my mum laying alone at the hospital.
It’s been a tough 8 long years. She has fought off every sort of illness, in and out of hospital over,the years. She is now free of this debilitating disease and at peace at last.
Tomorrow is another day, so much to do, so much to organise. Thanks for reading.

You have to take a deep breath and give yourself a break. A mental one that is. You did all you could for your lovely mum and on her own level she knew you loved her and will have known you would have been with her at the end if you could. She wouldn't have wanted you to see her struggle with this hideous disease so slipped away quietly on her own. Your poor dad will need your support and love now more than ever. Try and remember the good times and forget the bad. You will get through this you are a strong person. After all you got through
The dementia. This is the last thing you can do for your mum so ignore selfish siblings and do what you know mum would have wanted. You and dad need to be strong for each other. God bless.

Teddybear12

Aug 26, 2016
London
Condolences its never easy when your love one passes but it is a peace for you all now .Lost my mum on the 9th difficult time, sending my love.

CaringDaughter

Sep 22, 2013
I'm sorry to respond so late - my condolences on your Mum's death. There have been wise words posted in reply, I do hope you can use them. I was a full-time carer for my Mum until two months ago - my sister was the one who shouted at me to get a move on organising the funeral, so I do sympathise. Hold on to your essence of self - don't get lost in the misery and unpleasantness. I wish you strength and peace x