Please don't throw me away, breaking my promise

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Ah dear Kindred, when I was in church this morning I had similar thoughts and I feel that no matter where I am, in my heart I am drawn to be with OH and that we belong together in spite of the fact that he is in care home. I did visit him this afternoon but I miss him so much when I go anywhere where used to go together.
Oh me too, me too. so good to hear from you. I am lonely but only for Keith. I know you understand. We will talk more. Love and best and I love lilac. There is a very posh perfume called en passant which is the scent of lilac but I could never hope to afford it!
With love Geraldine aka kindred.xx

Toony Oony

Jun 21, 2016
Hi @kindred - just catching up and popping in to say 'Hi'. I've been away for a couple of days (daughter on Mum duty!) Saw Mum yesterday and she's a bit more 'with it' (well as 'with it' as she can be) so hopefully the UTI has reacted well to the antibiotics.
Mum's conversation makes little sense (but is quite entertaining), so for some reason I was amazed a few weeks ago to find out that she could still read the time. I therefore resolved to replace her watch that went missing, as she often 'feels' for it. I bought a nice looking but cheap watch with a largish face and very clear numbers. The elasticated strap was said to be small, but as after 3 years of hardly eating Mum is skeletal, it was far too big. I did a bit of DIY and managed to prise off the metal strap, but wanted some 'pretty' elastic to make a new band. Good old £ shop, I bought a pack of pretty elasticated pony tail ties and HALF one of those was the right size :eek:. I carefully sewed it together whilst I was away and took it in to Mum yesterday. I put it on her, she played with it, read a couple of numbers, took it off and cleaned it, and tried to tie it to her cardi ........ yep, she can now no longer tell the time. Something else gone. Oh well, she loves new things so she will have fun with it anyway and wrap it up in tissues and hide it, like everything else. I have changed her bedside clock to just read the day and time of day now, rather than the actual time itself :(.
On a brighter note mmmmmmm....... lilac perfume! I am a self-confessed perfume junkie and have a ridiculously huge collection. My lovely Dad always bought me perfume when I was a teenager if I ran out between birthdays/xmas, as he said it was important (he always smelled gorgeous - I think that's where I get it from). Never heard of 'En passant' but as I haven't been up to Liberty's perfume hall in ages, I think a trip may be in order :) When I lived in the Middle East I had a wonderful jasmine oil that was excellent and back in the day I bought (from Liberty) one that smelled exactly of carnations (my daughter re-appropriated that one). Daughter's favourite (my fault as I bought it for her first) is also wickedly expensive and is called 'Messe de Minuit' - it's lovely, and smells like old churches! OOoops! You can tell it's a bit of an obsession and my verbal diarrhoea has got the better of me and I'm blabbering on ..... sorry ...... but at least you know that the person on the other end of this message smells nice!
Hope you have a good day and talk soon

Love XX

AliceA

May 27, 2016
I know, I know and I haven't gone to see Keith. I went to church as I told you I would do and did not go to Keith's home. But there I am singing and praying for forgiveness for dreadful sins I haven't really committed, well not lately anyway, and wondering if it would be more kindly and caring to be with Keith. I don't know. I guess I just miss him, I love the church usually ...Gxxx
Church is where the heart is, if it gives strength go. Sometimes though a quiet time with God on a walk, a sunset, an empty church does better.
I remember a story from an old lady she spoke of communion as 'God looks at me and I look at Him.' Just soothing silent presence.
During the Suez crisis, broke the rule and ate my lunch at my desk, then spent my break in silent prayer at the church around the corner.

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Hi @kindred - just catching up and popping in to say 'Hi'. I've been away for a couple of days (daughter on Mum duty!) Saw Mum yesterday and she's a bit more 'with it' (well as 'with it' as she can be) so hopefully the UTI has reacted well to the antibiotics.
Mum's conversation makes little sense (but is quite entertaining), so for some reason I was amazed a few weeks ago to find out that she could still read the time. I therefore resolved to replace her watch that went missing, as she often 'feels' for it. I bought a nice looking but cheap watch with a largish face and very clear numbers. The elasticated strap was said to be small, but as after 3 years of hardly eating Mum is skeletal, it was far too big. I did a bit of DIY and managed to prise off the metal strap, but wanted some 'pretty' elastic to make a new band. Good old £ shop, I bought a pack of pretty elasticated pony tail ties and HALF one of those was the right size :eek:. I carefully sewed it together whilst I was away and took it in to Mum yesterday. I put it on her, she played with it, read a couple of numbers, took it off and cleaned it, and tried to tie it to her cardi ........ yep, she can now no longer tell the time. Something else gone. Oh well, she loves new things so she will have fun with it anyway and wrap it up in tissues and hide it, like everything else. I have changed her bedside clock to just read the day and time of day now, rather than the actual time itself :(.
On a brighter note mmmmmmm....... lilac perfume! I am a self-confessed perfume junkie and have a ridiculously huge collection. My lovely Dad always bought me perfume when I was a teenager if I ran out between birthdays/xmas, as he said it was important (he always smelled gorgeous - I think that's where I get it from). Never heard of 'En passant' but as I haven't been up to Liberty's perfume hall in ages, I think a trip may be in order :) When I lived in the Middle East I had a wonderful jasmine oil that was excellent and back in the day I bought (from Liberty) one that smelled exactly of carnations (my daughter re-appropriated that one). Daughter's favourite (my fault as I bought it for her first) is also wickedly expensive and is called 'Messe de Minuit' - it's lovely, and smells like old churches! OOoops! You can tell it's a bit of an obsession and my verbal diarrhoea has got the better of me and I'm blabbering on ..... sorry ...... but at least you know that the person on the other end of this message smells nice!
Hope you have a good day and talk soon OO that's all good to hear. Well done on the watch strap darling even if in the end ... I love perfume too but in accordance with austerity, being as am self-funding, only buy 4711 cologne now ... The Lilac one is for sale but the tiniest amount if £34. It's from the house of Malle. Your jasmine oil sounded amazing. And smells like old churches! That is so nice. And you lived in the Middle East sweetheart, so flipping exotic. Thank you, lovely lovely to hear from you sweetheart. I do agree, sometimes these conversations which make no sense are really entertaining¬ Love and best, Kindred aka geraldinexxx

Love XX

Love XX

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
I have replied to you sweetheart, but fear I may have pressed wrong button or something!!! Gxxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Church is where the heart is, if it gives strength go. Sometimes though a quiet time with God on a walk, a sunset, an empty church does better.
I remember a story from an old lady she spoke of communion as 'God looks at me and I look at Him.' Just soothing silent presence.
During the Suez crisis, broke the rule and ate my lunch at my desk, then spent my break in silent prayer at the church around the corner.
Oh that is lovely. I love communion too, so do. I love your story. Thank you. I remember the Suez crisis very well. Geraldine aka kindredxxxxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Just a short visit today after work. But immediately felt more normal, having been there and seen Keith. I was missing him so much. Activities today include yet more haircuts, with the men being more compliant this time ... and my goodness the hairdresser woman does some beautiful transformations with the women, she cuts thinning hair and bulks it so well.
Keith mostly asleep but he did wake up for tea and cake and a verse or two of Rawhide. After this he went back to sleep but not before telling me that I was better than Marks and Spencers.
all love, Kindred, aka Geraldine or round the other way ... xxxxx

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Oh that is lovely. I love communion too, so do. I love your story. Thank you. I remember the Suez crisis very well. Geraldine aka kindredxxxxx
We were just engaged after a whirlwind romance, as an ex RAF national service man there was a possibility of a recall. we were planning a whirlwind marriage if that happened!

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Just a short visit today after work. But immediately felt more normal, having been there and seen Keith. I was missing him so much. Activities today include yet more haircuts, with the men being more compliant this time ... and my goodness the hairdresser woman does some beautiful transformations with the women, she cuts thinning hair and bulks it so well.
Keith mostly asleep but he did wake up for tea and cake and a verse or two of Rawhide. After this he went back to sleep but not before telling me that I was better than Marks and Spencers.
all love, Kindred, aka Geraldine or round the other way ... xxxxx
What a compliment:) heartfelt I am sure, better than diamonds. Xxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
We were just engaged after a whirlwind romance, as an ex RAF national service man there was a possibility of a recall. we were planning a whirlwind marriage if that happened!
Oh a whirlwind romance!! I love it. Gxxxx yes, I think it is good to be thought of as better than M and S!!

imsoblue

Feb 19, 2018

Love XX
There are so many reasons to love TP! Everybody's stories intrigue me!!! The posts are as good to read as a novel (and my current book club read is Crazy Rich Asians!). I do hope we can all gather in a ballroom, in dressing gowns or new gowns because we thought our lives were over, and see each others worn faces, smell each others perfumes, and talk about our failures and successes as we navigated through this time of our lives!
Thank you for sharing @Toony Oony!
And @kindred you are doing great!

AliceA

May 27, 2016
There are so many reasons to love TP! Everybody's stories intrigue me!!! The posts are as good to read as a novel (and my current book club read is Crazy Rich Asians!). I do hope we can all gather in a ballroom, in dressing gowns or new gowns because we thought our lives were over, and see each others worn faces, smell each others perfumes, and talk about our failures and successes as we navigated through this time of our lives!

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Can use advise on a good lily of the valley perfume that stays true? I was given a creme L'Aimet? On my wedding, the creme lasted ages. I am thinking of wearing perfume more frequently as part of remembrance if away.

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Thank YOU!!! Gxxxxx

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Have you tried 'Diorissimo'?
Yes, some years ago I was given a bottle. I remember liking it. The creme ones certainly did last! I will look at that. Is there a good supplier? There are so many fakes about! Thank you.

Szaitisja

Jul 28, 2018
Hertfordshire
Yes, some years ago I was given a bottle. I remember liking it. The creme ones certainly did last! I will look at that. Is there a good supplier? There are so many fakes about! Thank you.

I'm sorry I can't help with recommending suppliers. I haven't used it for some years now, but remember falling in love with it in my early 20s and that was some time ago:) I love lily of the valley

Toony Oony

Jun 21, 2016
Hi @AliceA - mmm .... I love the smell of Lily of the Valley flowers, but as a perfume it's a bit too light for me. M and S do a lily of the valley perfume that is very easy on the pocket ;) and comes well rated. I have bought their perfume (albeit only incense and Arabic 'flavours') and they are usually excellent. The other brand I would perhaps try is Woods of Windsor. I had their Lily of the Valley drawer lining paper and it was very true to the flower scent.
If you could find a perfume oil, I find they have the best longevity and just keep on giving!

XX

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Hi @AliceA - mmm .... I love the smell of Lily of the Valley flowers, but as a perfume it's a bit too light for me. M and S do a lily of the valley perfume that is very easy on the pocket ;) and comes well rated. I have bought their perfume (albeit only incense and Arabic 'flavours') and they are usually excellent. The other brand I would perhaps try is Woods of Windsor. I had their Lily of the Valley drawer lining paper and it was very true to the flower scent.
If you could find a perfume oil, I find they have the best longevity and just keep on giving!

XX
Thanks, Toony, I will experiment!