All day downing, not just sundowning!

Alison N

Jan 3, 2015
Surrey
I am almost at the end of my tether. My OH is up and down all day long. No sooner he sits on the sofa, he gets up and wanders to the bedrooms and back again. This goes on all day. He claps his hands, snaps his fingers and clucks his tongue. This also goes on all day. He has conversations with the people on the tele. He has now taken to swearing. I can no longer take him shopping as he keeps picking things up and carrying them around and he also does this at home. I find most things that he moves but still can’t find the keys to the window locks. He is like my shadow, as soon as I get up off the sofa he does the same and follows me. The only time I get any peace is when he is asleep. Rant over.

Alison N

Jan 3, 2015
Surrey
Have you spoke to his GP @Alison N? Is there any medication that could help or have you considered a day centre?
I am going to ring the GP tomorrow to see if there is anything that can help to calm him down. He has just started a day centre 2 days a week. I thought it would give me a break but he just seems to be more hyper when he gets home.

Alison N

Jan 3, 2015
Surrey
What meds is he taking at the moment?
He is on Donepezil 15mg, Memantine 20mg and Epilim 1500mg for seizures. He was taking Fluoxitine but the doctor took him off as he was showing inappropriate behaviour.

Theresalwaystomorrow

Dec 23, 2017
Hi Alison N
Has he got uti ? This can cause havoc.
Do you have any free time yourself, use the days wisely for you to have a break with friends mayb.
This disease is cruel and his behaviour actually sounds normal, it depends how much more you can take
Take great support from here, I read more than I post because it just helps calm me down and let’s me know we all feel the same with no shame when we can no longer manage

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
He is on Donepezil 15mg, Memantine 20mg and Epilim 1500mg for seizures. He was taking Fluoxitine but the doctor took him off as he was showing inappropriate behaviour.

Asked because two types of anti depressant that my mum used to take caused incredible restlessness, one was fluoxetine. Memantine did not help either. Have to say that my mum was and still is very sensitive to some medication, and throughout the time she took anti depressants there was a lot of tweaking with doses going on.