Dad lost his fight tonight

Angela57

Jan 22, 2016
Thank you so so much all. I have spoken to my children and we are going to the funeral. We are not going to the wake. It will turn into a major "drink up" , there is another word but won't use it ..I have decided that I am not going I the funeral car, I will drive behind it... I am so so frustrated with all of them ..... Can you believe dad has paid for his own bloody wreath
I do feel for you because I will have the same at my parents funerals, not because of siblings, because I don't have any, but because my mum's dementia twisted her mind against me, and the lies she told, other family members have believed unfortunately.

I hope all goes well for you and I'm so glad that you will have support from your children.

Take care

Ang x

susanne1964

Mar 1, 2010
hertfordshire
@LynneMcV , thank you so much ... Myself and my children are going to go to the funeral and hold our heads up high... Will not go to the wake ... Why does death come to this ? I don't understand xx

Trying hard

Oct 18, 2017
Your story is very like my own. I had a tempestuous relationship with my dad and he died on 27th July after about 7 years with dementia. The end was horrible. I said to one doctor a few days before he died, that we didn’t treat dogs like that!

The end came quite quickly for my dad. Is it bad to be grateful that his disease seemed to accelerate quickly at the end? It feels wrong but his life wasn’t very nice really and it was excruciating to watch on....

This disease is vile...

The way we look after (or do t look after) people with dementia is a national scandal.

I am still a carer for my mum who has physical disabilities, and have to fight to get her needs met but not to the same degree as I had to for my dad. I hope I keep pushing to help others who are caring for those with dementia and other similar diseases.

I’m sorry for your loss and I do share much of your story

Teddybear12

Aug 26, 2016
London
I just arrived at the hospital to be told my mum's condition had deteriorated .On reaching her room she had in reality passed so i sat with her alone as she got colder then asking after 2+ hours for the Doctor to witness her passing.I couldn't wait to get out of there, take her things home and have a big cry, i could do no more for her now.@Sussanne1964 you done your best suffering along side your dad and caring for him during this terrible illness you are amongst all the other heroine's here for sure x