Can I ... Should I?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @Mudgee Joy Uve always loved the poem that described the feeling as the person being in another room ... it’s how I felt about dad .. he was still here, just next door

Thank you, I’m taking a tiny hug, although maybe a boot up the jaxy wouId be better to get me moving ... but I don’t want to go see her GP ...

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
.... As for a purpose - I have no doubt that you will find your purpose.

Morning @Izzy

Grief is different for different people. I have 2 friends who lost a parent, both howled on my shoulder, phoned me in the middle of the night, needed me with them, just needed all the time. It started on day one & went on for months. I on the other hand, have shed a few tears, but am fairly calm .... I’m pretty sure the funeral will change that.

Lol. That made me grin

Earthgirl72

Feb 2, 2016
Hoping that you are managing to relax as much as possible during the whirlwind that is sorting everything out. Leaving a top up of hugs and as much CM as deemed necessary xx

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
It’s on my list @imsoblue .. I have friends in Florida & California who I’ve not seen in 20 years, as we moved countries, we started on snail mail, moved to email, etc & now on FB. It’ll be good to actually see them again

European double kiss hugs ..:D, thank you

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @Slugsta

I am sleeping a little longer each night, I’ll get up to a reasonable number of hours one day in the future I guess, meanwhile, it’s hitting me mid afternoon like a freight train

That is spooky with your address book .... when I first moved in with Mum & things got a little fraught with her tidying my 2 or 3 items on the table away, while she had the remainder covered with tissues, books, note book etc .. the TV wouId come on. This went on for months. I used to joke it was dad telling us to hush up

As things settled, so did the TV. We’d have a tiff, the TV wouId come on & I’d back off, give Mum a hug & tell her dad wanted us to get along. The TV hasn’t come on for months & months

I got home after dropping brother home, Pooch started going nuts, scratching at the door & barking as I got up the path. I walked in & the TV was on. I just said “Hi dad” & turned it off.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I’m trying to think things through rather than run off in different directions @Earthgirl72, so I’m gradually clearing the lounge & bringing equipment out ready.

Hugs are lovely & the CM is ready to be poured when the sun has dipped. :)

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
The sun is always over the yardarm somewhere in the world Sam ;)

Our registrar put the wrong date into 'tell us once' which resulted in the demand for the return of almost £1000 (overpaid pension) to DWP! They didn't seem surprised when I phoned about it, so I guess this is not uncommon :(

Hmmm, 'The Adventures of Sam and the Hug Buss' has a certain ring to it, I think! :)

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Oh yes, @Slugsta I remember that mix up. What a mess. Just the extra stress you don’t need at this sort of time.

Please don’t remind me the sun is dipping somewhere at every time, I’ll be having coffee in my rum ...

I’ll have to choose a good title, one that means something. When I was working out how to support Mum, I did question if I could & then if I should. So this thread was all about that ....if I have the Hug Bus, I’ll have to either give out hugs or delegate Pooch to give them :oops::eek:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa