Can I ... Should I?

Rolypoly

Jan 15, 2018
Would say good morning but it’s almost the afternoon, so good afternoon!

Would it help pooch if you put one of your mums tops in his sleeping place, the smell of her on it might help?

BTW what a lovely son you have. Make sure he leaves plenty of hugs behind for you.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning ... sorry ... afternoon @Amy in the US

Youngest turning up has been amazing. He’s such a good kid. Hugged the life out of me :D He is taking this really hard.

I am getting a bit more sleep, but still waking at “loo times”. I expect that will continue for a while :rolleyes:

Appreciate the hugs. :)

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
I'm sure it will take time, time to get used to all the changes. You've had so many changes, so quickly, to get used to, and now this very huge change indeed.

I well remember the rootless, disoriented feeling after my father died. It was so surreal.

I like the idea of a memento you can keep with you.

I also think it's good to be thinking of things to do and places to go. We would support "Travels with Sam" 100 percent!

Whatever you do, please try to be kind to yourself.

Sending more hugs for you!

((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I think there is a degree of feeling lost @Cat27 I find I’m doing the washing up & go to walk to the lounge & catch myself

I’m definately floundering looking for my purpose.

Toony Oony

Jun 21, 2016
Hello @Sam Luvit

Been thinking of you these last couple of days.
It's not surprising that you are 'drifting' and feeling a bit rudderless at the moment. For the last 3 years your Mum has been your purpose, your life and the majority of your world. Very few are willing to give all that, and those that benefit from that level of love and care are very fortunate. You could have done no more.
Let yourself drift, do not rush, do what feels right for you. Then when the drifting ceases, let the wind fill your sails, adjust them and plot your course.

Following on from the memento idea, I have a bag with a load of wedding and engagement rings (my Grandfather's ; my Nan's, my Dad's and Mum's engagement ring, as she still wears her wedding band). I have already decided that one day I will have them all melted together and have something made that I can wear 24/7.

A final thought ........ perhaps in time, Poppet could be morphed into a mobile hug unit? Your youngest could be the Head of Training and Development, and Pooch could be a sleeping partner?
Hugs and love
X

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I think there is a degree of feeling lost @Cat27 I find I’m doing the washing up & go to walk to the lounge & catch myself

I’m definately floundering looking for my purpose.

I think it will be a while before you settle into a purpose Sam. I know that it's a bit of a cliche but grief is certainly a roller coaster and some days will be easier than others. It has a time-line all of its own.

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
After been on ' auto pilot ' for these last three years it's going to be hard, be kind to yourself x
Maybe hairdresser, massage, just something, just for you :)

Your in my thoughts x

Ps sending hugs to pooch too x

notsogooddtr

Jul 2, 2011
I think you have a grandchild due later this year?Someone else to love and care for.We can never replace the people we have lost but my 3 grandchildren have definitely helped me cope with losing my sister and both parents in 2 and a bit years.I hope it's the same for you.

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
I think you have a grandchild due later this year?Someone else to love and care for.We can never replace the people we have lost but my 3 grandchildren have definitely helped me cope with losing my sister and both parents in 2 and a bit years.I hope it's the same for you.
I totally agree, three months after losing dad my first grandson arrived, it went from one of the worst time in my life, to one of the best times. Cried with sadness, then cried with love :)

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Sam, it is natural for you to feel 'lost' and 'rootless' at the moment. You have had little time to think of yourself recently, every waking moment has been taken up with thinking about your mum and that stopped suddenly. I know you have a lot to organise, but it still leaves lots of time that you don't quite know how to fill.

It was very different for me when Mum went - she had been in a CH for a few months, so I had already cleared her flat and given up the tenancy, and she never saw our new flat, so there are no memories here, no empty place at the table etc. That is odd in itself but, I think, easier.

I look forward to the Poole installment of 'Travels with Poppet' :)

((((((((hugs))))))))

Prudence9

Oct 8, 2016
Gentle ((((hugs)))) for you tonight Sam and for bro and Pooch.
Hope you can sleep, grief is so tiring.
Xxxx

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Evening @Slugsta

I think quality sleep will be a while coming, but I am getting a bit more if it, so that’s good. Tonight is my first time alone, just me & Pooch. He’s keeping me close :rolleyes:

Youngest was so sweet. Kept giving me hugs. Kept asking if I was ok

The weekend has been limbo land. Tomorrow the paperwork starts with avengegence uggg. I’ve done it all before, but I’m dreading it

Havemercy

Oct 8, 2012
Evening @Slugsta

I think quality sleep will be a while coming, but I am getting a bit more if it, so that’s good. Tonight is my first time alone, just me & Pooch. He’s keeping me close :rolleyes:

Youngest was so sweet. Kept giving me hugs. Kept asking if I was ok

The weekend has been limbo land. Tomorrow the paperwork starts with avengegence uggg. I’ve done it all before, but I’m dreading it
Don't know if you are aware of this Sam - hopefully will cut down on the paperwork -

https://www.gov.uk/after-a-death/organisations-you-need-to-contact-and-tell-us-once

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Sam so glad your boy is with you , and just when you need him the most he gives you the most precious of hugs. ...hugs. A x

It was good of him. It took them 2 1/2 hours to get home ... it’s not like he’s round the corner like eldest. That boy sure knows how to hug ... taught him well lol

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I bonded with Mum in the last 3 weeks, can’t believe she cried, no sobbed on me. I’ve never seen her cry before. She let it out to me. She has to have trusted me to do that

Brother opened up. He talked, he listened, he was my hero. Our close relationship was nothing to how we bonded over this. I think he is truely amazing.

Yes @love.dad.but.. the black hole that has opened is massive, although I’m not sure if it’s drawing me in or spitting me out lol.

Youngest has always been the person his friends go to with their troubles.. he’s Godfather to lots of kids. Takes it seriously & makes sure he visits them all regularly. His fiancée makes him let out his own pain, will not let him bottle it up. She’s just right for him.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
[Don’t worry @canary I will move to the right part of the site, if I carry on posting, but I’m not done caring for Mum just yet. I’m not ready to move on just yet ...