A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
I find Hotter impossible to wear - too heavy (and stiff) as you say, Sylvia :(

Do you guys who have foot problems take a chance on internet orders, or can anyone suggest good shoe shops??

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds

try again

Jun 21, 2018
Cosy feet are wonderful. Rocking my Clark's this summer, Velcro at ankle and toe and extra padding around ankle straps.

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
I bought my first few pairs (!) of fit flops in a local shop, and once I knew my size, I order them from the internet at the end of each season, so I never pay full price. They tilt the foot slightly back, so take weight from the front...where my neuroma is. Even my slippers and boots are fit flops!

BR_ANA

Jun 27, 2012
Brazil
I never thought I`d complain about the heat but it`s really too much for me at this level. This afternoon it was 90c in my kitchen. The Thermometer was not facing the window but on the wall by the side.

I spent most of the night from 1am awake, spraying my face and drinking water. In the end I got up and watched a film I`d recorded. It was more acceptable then and sitting in the dark, I was able to cool down.

I`ve stayed at home all day and done absolutely nothing except read and sleep. I didn`t even get dressed because my nightwear is the coolest and loosest clothes I have.

Every so often the whole of my body and head breaks out in a sweat and I feel quite light headed.

I`m sure many others feel as bad . At least I have no one to worry about so am free to look after myself as well as I can.

It looks as if it will be even hotter over the next few days so take care everyone , make sure you drink plenty and do as little as possible.

Sylvia, as I live on Brazil, I am used to days like these. I prefer a wet towel around me and my hair wet for sleep when temperature is 30C or more. I am used to do several showers a day when it is more than 35C (just water no soap).

Take care

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Ana, so nice to see you again! Hope things are OK for you?

I’ve got awful feet as well. Hotters widest are the only things that fit. Though this weather I spend a lot of time bare footed. Though not on the shingle drive! When I was a kid I could manage the shingle though, rubber flip flops in those days - I lived by the sea and summer job was on the nearest beach!
Unfortunately, I’ve been through Ecco, Steibel, cosyfeet and more, and none fit any more. I have very wide feet, there’s the problem!

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Thought I would pass on a tip about the heat - no doubt I’m teaching someone to suck eggs....

Freeze 2 bottles of water.
Tip : don’t fill the bottles full, max 3/4 full

When one bottle of water is frozen

Place I front of an electric fan and switch on fan

Sit in the cooling breeze.

When water in bottle has melted, exchange bottle from with the one in freezer

continue to sit in breeze

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
@Izzy that reminds me of my Scots friend who, when I was coming up on the train, said the view is only worth looking at after Berwick-on-Tweed!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
@Grannie G
Sylvia you must book that Northumberland holiday. It’s stunning up there & so much to do. We’ve had a great week.

Maybe next year @Cat27 There were no single rooms available for this one and I won't share.

I'm glad you had such a good time and I know I will get there eventually.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Last night was the first night I slept without a fan in the bedroom and this morning is the first day I've been able to do the daily Yoga and Tai Chi movements because it`s so much cooler.

To complete the reprieve I intended a leisurely coastal walk but it`s raining. :(

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Last night was the first night I slept without a fan in the bedroom and this morning is the first day I've been able to do the daily Yoga and Tai Chi movements because it`s so much cooler.

To complete the reprieve I intended a leisurely coastal walk but it`s raining. :(

That's good news Sylvia. I still had the fan on last night but then I use it in the winter as well! It was 9C when I woke up today and actually fell quite chilly!

Status
Not open for further replies.