A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
It went well.

I did talk about Dhiren and TP but not about when he died and how TP rallied round me. That was where I became so emotional this morning.

Anyway it must have been all right because someone has asked me to talk to another group, the British Gas retired employees association. :)
Well done Sylvia.
My *Very* belated condolences for Dhiren's death but, from briefly catching up today, it sounds as if it was peaceful at the end. Gosh, over 4yrs ago; it will soon be 10yrs since my Mum died, but often seems like just a few weeks. At other times, another life. Bless you sweetheart. Xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks Lynne.

Gosh @Lynne. How are you? It`s good to see you back on TP. I hope all`s well. with you and your dad.

Last edited:

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
I'm glad the talk went so well that you are going to do another one, and thank you for spreading the word about TP. :)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks Soobee, Cat and Amethyst.

The person from the British Gas Employees Retirement Association phone and we made a date for September 27th. They are funded so will make a donation to AS.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Delighted to read that your talk went well Sylvia, and that you are doing another in September. Also that you did spread the word about Taking Point. I wish every UK surgery, health centre, hospital had it
on their notice boards.

Loo xxx

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Thanks Lynne.

Gosh @Lynne. How are you? It`s good to see you back on TP. I hope all`s well. with you and your dad.

I'm ok thanks Sylvia, older if not wiser of course! I still miss dear Connie. Mike and I are both retired now, and life is slowing down. We still have our motorbikes but can't do as much travelling as we would wish, for assorted health reasons. Glad to see you still actively sharing the hard-earned lessons of dementia to the benefit of others who need help and guidance. Xx

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Just caught up with your thread Sylvia after my few days away. What a lovely and difficult thing to have done.

I’m sure it will never be easy no matter how many times you do it so well done and thank you for doing it. The more understanding and knowledge people have about dementia and how it affects both Carer and the cared for can only increase people’s awareness of the impact demenia has on our lives.

There can’t be a better way of getting the message across than listening to someone talk about their personal experiences. Good luck with all your future talks.
H
Delighted to read that your talk went well Sylvia, and that you are doing another in September. Also that you did spread the word about Taking Point. I wish every UK surgery, health centre, hospital had it
on their notice boards.

Loo xxx

Nine months after Rob died, I thought I'd drop in here again, and how wonderful to find you, dear Sylvia, still helping people to understand and deal with this burden. You were the first to greet me when I first faltered onto the Forum, and I can't tell you how much the support, and love, of everyone on here, meant to me...
Sending love to you, and everyone here..

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
H

Nine months after Rob died, I thought I'd drop in here again, and how wonderful to find you, dear Sylvia, still helping people to understand and deal with this burden. You were the first to greet me when I first faltered onto the Forum, and I can't tell you how much the support, and love, of everyone on here, meant to me...
Sending love to you, and everyone here..

How lovely to see you Anne. I hope you’re well?

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Raggedy Anne !! How lovely to see you :)
I’m afraid I’ve been away myself recently so can only now offer you my condolences on Rob’s passing xx
Hope you are well?
Love
Lindy xx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
@Rageddy Anne. I am another saying how lovely to see you again. Nine months since Rob died... it is not long at all.
and I can't tell you how much the support, and love, of everyone on here, meant to me...

My feeling also, and looking back to before I found TP 8 years ago, it was a lifeline. I do not know how I managed those years before TP. Light in the darkness.... Still is in many ways. .

It is a unique Forum and wonderful that Sylvia is telling others about it, as well as talking about her own experiences. I remember when I joined I just read and read.... and Sylvia's thread was the first I followed from the beginning. I learned so much...no words to describe it.

I hope all is as well as it can be with you, really good to see you here again.

Love to you too.
Loo xxx

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It`s so lovely to hear from you @Rageddy Anne

Nine months is nothing in grief time so I hope you are managing. It`s lovely to see you can drop in to TP and still be greeted by old friends. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.