Can I ... Should I?

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
More hugs

Stressful times. You will eventually get to realise what a special time this will have been. Until then, holding your hand tight xxxx

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @love.dad.but..

Thank you fir the hug ;)

I’m definately trying to keep things “normal”. Apart from brother staying over night, it’s pretty much the same. There’s been a fair bit of hand holding when she’s stressed & anxious, but mostly I’m just in the same room. Telling her I’m joining her for a nap as I’m very tired. She’s accepting that for now.

I too don’t want lots of sudden visitors. I know she knows, but we all pretend she doesn’t :rolleyes:

Boy, this is hard :confused:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Really @2jays ? :( It just feels like an hour is a day & I'm getting more stressed & less nice as time goes on. Right now. I dislike who I am, getting cross with Mum, just because I’m tired, I know it’s not her fault, but I wish she wouId let me help instead of trying & making twice the work :(

Hand holding appreciated, but can I have a bone crushing hug :confused:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
We’ve had the same Carer for several days, with 2 “new” ones today, only new as in they’ve not been since Mum had such a downturn. Despite my spiel of not pushing her to eat etc, both took upon themselves to talk of food & the need to eat :rolleyes: Mum has asked for food, played with it & then pushed it away. She managed a banana, maybe a bit of chicken with 2 chips & a few strawberries. It was plain to me that she didn’t want to eat, but felt she should I do so hate well meaning people.

Our routine is obviously very disrupted. Whereas I used to clean up & tidy away after Mum went to bed, I now have to leave it till I get up, as I need to be with her. I feel a right slob :eek:

I worked out, I am “on duty” for 20 hours straight. I am trying to cat nap when I can during the day, but it’s just not enough. I’m getting a bit crotchety :(

Mum seems a bit brighter today, until she tries to walk, eat, move, then her frailty is a slap in the face.

Oh well. I’m off to rubbish TV & a cat nap while brother sleeps so he can take over in a few hours.

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
I'm hoping and praying that you are all having a peaceful night Sam and here are some more ((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))) to wake up to.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
SQUISHIEST HUG

An hour feels like a day.... understand that feeling

Honestly, One day, when an hour is a part of the days hours, you will see this time as special xxxx

Fitting in those jobs that need doing must feel impossible. More hugs xx

Wish I was more eloquent at this time in the morning....

Have I given you a hug recently?

Just incase I haven’t

HUGE HUGS

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Afternoon @rosy18

I had a reasonably peaceful night. I think I’m getting used to the erratic breathing. Brother said he had to turn on a torch to see if her chest was moving he was that convinced she wasn’t breathing at all.

She’s very unsteady & has lost most of her “fight”. She keeps asking “what happened to me?” At one stage in the night she was convinced part of her arm had fallen off. The new cast is shorter & she was searching for the extra length, bless her. We had a giggle together when she finally understood.

Hugs accepted, thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet