APPROACHING END WITH MUM : EVERY DAY IS DIFFERENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
Well mum pretty much the same as usual this morning. Sleeping mostly but, again, she took several tumblers of juice. Holding her hand and "prattling" as I do. After about an hour and a half, she said - once again and very clearly - "shut up and go to sleep"! I duly obliged. Well I shut up but stayed awake! When I eventually left, she was fast on and her face relaxed. She looked so peaceful and comfortable, small wonder she told me to zip it! Love & best wishes to all my lovely chums here on TP. ;) xxxx

yak55

Jun 15, 2015
Afternoon all
Well I tuned in for Ladies Final & completely forgot Rafa and Nov (we are on first-name terms ((I wish!!)) are still playing so what a treat but whoever wins will have little time to recover before tomorrow.
Well precious little mum very tired again today but my brother and I were still gifted with That Smile on arrival which cheered us both. Again no speech so G applied lavender hand cream and I helped mum take juice and, again, she was very thirsty The room was comfortable as the fan was set just right. Mum's face relaxed and little smiles kept appearing so it seems she is still in a happy place. I do hope so. Hope things are as well as can be with you my friends. By the way, The Strop Society is having a break today but will resume on Monday. Is that OK with you @yak55 ? As co-founder, I must seek your approval! :D Love to all xxxx
Lovely to hear about your precious mum jazzed
That's a very good idea having a 'strop free' weekend and is ok by me Xxx

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Well mum pretty much the same as usual this morning. Sleeping mostly but, again, she took several tumblers of juice. Holding her hand and "prattling" as I do. After about an hour and a half, she said - once again and very clearly - "shut up and go to sleep"! I duly obliged. Well I shut up but stayed awake! When I eventually left, she was fast on and her face relaxed. She looked so peaceful and comfortable, small wonder she told me to zip it! Love & best wishes to all my lovely chums here on TP. ;) xxxx
Lovely to hear about your visit @Jezzer and especially your mum telling you to zip it....lol :D So glad she knows what she wants and was so comfortable :cool:
Anyway sleep tight, speak soon.
Lindy xx

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
Not heard from you here today @Jezzer
Hope you and your mum are okay
Lindy xx

PS Just spotted you elsewhere :)
Sorry about that - should have posted on here! Had bloods done today, waiting for hospital referral. Our hospital in dire straights so could be waiting a while. Hope your health is as good as it possibly can be. Love J xxx

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
No ‘should’ about it Jan, you post where you want x Goodness knows, I’m always getting carried away on other people’s threads, whilst neglecting my own!
Hope you get that referral quick smart :)
And thanks for your good wishes - I’m holding up - so far, so good! :rolleyes::cool: Xx

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
That's good to hear. Read back on your heart problems. Im so sorry - makes my blip sound pathetic!! :rolleyes: xx
Not pathetic at all ! Hopefully it’s not serious but it’s still important to take care of yourself :)
Please look after yourself Jan!
Love
Lindy xx

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
Hi my friends
We have a new Manager at mum's CH and I attended a "Meet The Manager" session this afternoon. I have to say I was very impressed. If she can implement the changes she proposes, a Very Good Home could become an Exceptional Home. Time will tell. Don't you just hate it when as a meeting comes to a close and the question is asked "Any other business?", no one responds, you stand up to leave ( & I was desperate to get out as I felt unwell) and then folk start asking questions? Aaaarrrgh. I'm afraid I made my excuses, popped back to say 'bye to mum and made good my escape. That sounds awful doesn't it? Four hours after arriving at a time which gave me valuable time to spend with mum and then try and coax her to eat her delicious-looking lunch. Sadly she would only take four mouthfuls and stated very clearly "No more please" when I tried to tempt her with jam sponge and custard. She did take a lot of juice though. I noted she'd had a substantial bowl of porridge for breakfast and that's good. All the time I was with her she kept calling out her own name, falling asleep, and then starting again. On arrival she was sleeping but woke when I said hello. Got that lovely smile and the reply "Hello love" and then back into her other world. A hand-holding visit today before I headed to the lounge for the meeting. 15 minutes in and my heart begins messing about together with a weird light-headed feeling. Boy was I relieved to get home and an hours rest on the bed. Went spark out. Felt like a child with mum today. I really needed her hug and hearing her say "don't worry, you'll be OK". Sorry guys, I'm veering into self-pity territory so enough of that! I wonder why she calls out her own name over and over. She was agitated today but when I went back to say goodbye her face was relaxed again. I feel very uneasy tonight. What if my heart problem is serious? Mum needs me and I'm frightened I might not be around to see this through with her. I'm so so sorry for banging on and on. Hope things are as as good as they can be with you all. Thanks for listening. Love to you all xxx

YorkshireLass

Feb 15, 2017
Ilkley
Hi my friends
We have a new Manager at mum's CH and I attended a "Meet The Manager" session this afternoon. I have to say I was very impressed. If she can implement the changes she proposes, a Very Good Home could become an Exceptional Home. Time will tell. Don't you just hate it when as a meeting comes to a close and the question is asked "Any other business?", no one responds, you stand up to leave ( & I was desperate to get out as I felt unwell) and then folk start asking questions? Aaaarrrgh. I'm afraid I made my excuses, popped back to say 'bye to mum and made good my escape. That sounds awful doesn't it? Four hours after arriving at a time which gave me valuable time to spend with mum and then try and coax her to eat her delicious-looking lunch. Sadly she would only take four mouthfuls and stated very clearly "No more please" when I tried to tempt her with jam sponge and custard. She did take a lot of juice though. I noted she'd had a substantial bowl of porridge for breakfast and that's good. All the time I was with her she kept calling out her own name, falling asleep, and then starting again. On arrival she was sleeping but woke when I said hello. Got that lovely smile and the reply "Hello love" and then back into her other world. A hand-holding visit today before I headed to the lounge for the meeting. 15 minutes in and my heart begins messing about together with a weird light-headed feeling. Boy was I relieved to get home and an hours rest on the bed. Went spark out. Felt like a child with mum today. I really needed her hug and hearing her say "don't worry, you'll be OK". Sorry guys, I'm veering into self-pity territory so enough of that! I wonder why she calls out her own name over and over. She was agitated today but when I went back to say goodbye her face was relaxed again. I feel very uneasy tonight. What if my heart problem is serious? Mum needs me and I'm frightened I might not be around to see this through with her. I'm so so sorry for banging on and on. Hope things are as as good as they can be with you all. Thanks for listening. Love to you all xxx
Sending a massive hug Jezzer and a wish that after a good rest you will feel better. Thank you for keeping in touch on here. When we give our thoughts and feelings it really does help others that's for sure. I've been to visit my mum in the CH this afternoon after a very rare lunch with some friends I was later than usual and wondering if I should give today a miss (unheard of for me!). I arrived to find the staff having a difficult time with mum. She was a woman on a crazy mission. My lovely, sweet 92 year old blind mum was screaming, trying to walk sideways whilst looking like she was trying to avoid falling into an imaginary ravine. To add to this she was occasionally trying to bite the hand of the carer. What an afternoon. I stayed for a few hours and did manage to settle her between bursts of her trying to get onto the floor and her staring at the ceiling and saying "look at all those" followed by sounds that I didn't recognise as words. In her calmer moments she also called out her own name and has done for many months even when she could feel me holding her hands. This is something I have tried to understand. Is it because the carers always say her name before they speak to her? I don't know of any logic that can be applied to this dreadful disease. I'm sorry to hijack your thread with my afternoon but you have my sympathy and I can relate to your struggles. Another hug for you xxxx

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
Sending a massive hug Jezzer and a wish that after a good rest you will feel better. Thank you for keeping in touch on here. When we give our thoughts and feelings it really does help others that's for sure. I've been to visit my mum in the CH this afternoon after a very rare lunch with some friends I was later than usual and wondering if I should give today a miss (unheard of for me!). I arrived to find the staff having a difficult time with mum. She was a woman on a crazy mission. My lovely, sweet 92 year old blind mum was screaming, trying to walk sideways whilst looking like she was trying to avoid falling into an imaginary ravine. To add to this she was occasionally trying to bite the hand of the carer. What an afternoon. I stayed for a few hours and did manage to settle her between bursts of her trying to get onto the floor and her staring at the ceiling and saying "look at all those" followed by sounds that I didn't recognise as words. In her calmer moments she also called out her own name and has done for many months even when she could feel me holding her hands. This is something I have tried to understand. Is it because the carers always say her name before they speak to her? I don't know of any logic that can be applied to this dreadful disease. I'm sorry to hijack your thread with my afternoon but you have my sympathy and I can relate to your struggles. Another hug for you xxxx
My friend, you have not in any way hijacked my thread. I really appreciate your post and I'm so sorry to hear about a really distressing visit for you. Thank you for telling me your mum calls out her own name too and that explanation could well be the answer. I really am grateful for your support. We need each other. Sending you a massive hug back. Thanks again. You are so kind. Love J xxxx

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Hi my friends
@Jezzer I'm so sorry to read this. It seems that your mum was not feeling too good today - I think that @YorkshireLass 's suggestion that she may call out her own name because she hears it so much from the carers, is a good one. Nevertheless, not something you needed to happen when you felt unwell yourself. I honestly think that the heat (as well as stress) doesn't help those of us with heart problems.
I can really relate to your worry that you might not be able to see things through with your mum. I've had this worry for years, even before I knew I had a dicky ticker.....I used to say to my husband that I was sure mum would outlive me, and what then? As it happened, I had several hospitalisations, which meant that I absolutely couldn't visit mum for two lots of a couple of months at a time. It was awful.....mum didn't understand, but she had no idea how long I'd been away, and as we know, she survived :) That didn't stop me counting the days, of course.....
Anyway I hope that your fears about the severity of the problem are unfounded. Again, I do know that horrible feeling of your heart pounding and skipping around....it's anxiety-inducing to say the least. But, fingers and toes crossed that it's a) not serious, or b) easily treated.
Sending you love and (((hugs)))
Lindy X

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
@Jezzer I'm so sorry to read this. It seems that your mum was not feeling too good today - I think that @YorkshireLass 's suggestion that she may call out her own name because she hears it so much from the carers, is a good one. Nevertheless, not something you needed to happen when you felt unwell yourself. I honestly think that the heat (as well as stress) doesn't help those of us with heart problems.
I can really relate to your worry that you might not be able to see things through with your mum. I've had this worry for years, even before I knew I had a dicky ticker.....I used to say to my husband that I was sure mum would outlive me, and what then? As it happened, I had several hospitalisations, which meant that I absolutely couldn't visit mum for two lots of a couple of months at a time. It was awful.....mum didn't understand, but she had no idea how long I'd been away, and as we know, she survived :) That didn't stop me counting the days, of course.....
Anyway I hope that your fears about the severity of the problem are unfounded. Again, I do know that horrible feeling of your heart pounding and skipping around....it's anxiety-inducing to say the least. But, fingers and toes crossed that it's a) not serious, or b) easily treated.
Sending you love and (((hugs)))
Lindy X
Thanks so much Lindy. It helps that someone understands. I've been a worrier for as long as I can remember. Hope my appointment comes through soon. Thank you again for your support Love and hugs, Jan xxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Hi my friends
Oh my darling girl. I wish I could be with you. A hand-holding visit is good, holding hands is so wonderful. I am so sorry you are feeling ill, not surprising. With you my darling, with you. all love, Geraldinexxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.