opis 60 rotary mobile phone ?

try again

Jun 21, 2018
Hi all,
Has anyone any experience of this item?
I have just ordered the above phone after yet another day of my mother's mobile being switched off. I got her a simple phone but the end call/switch phone off is on the same button. Before the mobile, I had purchased a senior landline which she hated -too many buttons and she did not accept that she could ignore most of them. With that she had a call alarm system that she also hated and refused to wear the pendant or wrist button.
So here we go, another attempt to find a communication device she can and will use. She is costing me a fortune!

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
Sorry, I’ve not used this, but I’m posting to ‘bump’ your thread to the top of ‘recent posts’, in the hope it is seen and answered!

Laura40

Dec 10, 2017
England
Not an answer but just thought for anybody struggling with replacing mobile phones. I've just bought my husband one for 79 p from a local well known phone shop that has car in its name. I bought it with a simple £10 top up which only runs out when you use it all up. The phone is like one of those old Nokias that every body used to have. Really simple, no data just for phone calls and texts. I bought this after the latest phone got washed up with the breakfast pots and I couldn't be doing with replacing anymore, especially as he never uses it anyway but insists on having one regardless!
The saleswoman explained that as long as I send a text every 3 months it will work so I'm hoping it will last forever seeing as I am the only one that has the number and it is purely for my husband to keep on him in case of emergencies. I've saved my number in the contacts. So if he needs me he can ask somebody to use it to call me. It makes him feel better as he is so used to always having a phone in his pocket and at that price it's disposable.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
My mobile is a Nokia1110i, I carry it all the time as a lifeline if anything should happen to me, the main entries in the phone list are ICE1, ICE2, and ICE3 (ICE = In Case of Emergency), my three children. ICE is understood by all emergency services and several members of the general public

I leave it switched on with the keypad locked to prevent it getting knocked, switching on and dialling a number. Voice box is disabled. I send a text every couple of months to keep the number active..

I also use it for OTPs with a financial institution which insists I have a mobile else go through a full security check on a landline.

try again

Jun 21, 2018
The mobile phone is perfect for mum as she doesn't go out and I could never persuade her to carry her old one or her personal alarm with her around the house. It took her a while to get used to the dial as she kept pressing it instead of turning it. It took me just as long to program in the 9 preset numbers. I also had to cover one of the holes up as she kept confusing the # with the * for the speed dial. At least she hasn't turned it off yet! They are no messages that used to confuse her .

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-07-29-22-59-20.png
    Screenshot_2018-07-29-22-59-20.png
    198.7 KB · Views: 512