Last night I had the strangest dream.......

mab

Mar 6, 2010
Surrey
Family had come for a meal. OH carefully arranged all food, each course, some still wrapped, into one large roasting tray, in the oven at a random temperature and for an unspecified time.
Serving plates, cutlery and glasses he had stored under the floorboards, now covered with 4-5 odd layers of carpeting which couldn't easily be removed because of all the heavy packing cases on top of them. Packing cases containing defunct personal, household, gardening etc paraphernalia. Everyone scrabbling around whilst the most noxious smells came from the oven... Fast as we cleared an obstruction, something heavier filled it. Finally lifted a section of floorboard to find packages of raw meat layered on all the dry stuff down there....... And on and on went the dream.......
Total chaos reigned, frustrations and anger rose to the surface and sheer bedlam ensued.

In the clear light of morning I'm feeling somewhat sympathetic towards the dementia mind.

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
Family had come for a meal. OH carefully arranged all food, each course, some still wrapped, into one large roasting tray, in the oven at a random temperature and for an unspecified time.
Serving plates, cutlery and glasses he had stored under the floorboards, now covered with 4-5 odd layers of carpeting which couldn't easily be removed because of all the heavy packing cases on top of them. Packing cases containing defunct personal, household, gardening etc paraphernalia. Everyone scrabbling around whilst the most noxious smells came from the oven... Fast as we cleared an obstruction, something heavier filled it. Finally lifted a section of floorboard to find packages of raw meat layered on all the dry stuff down there....... And on and on went the dream.......
Total chaos reigned, frustrations and anger rose to the surface and sheer bedlam ensued.

In the clear light of morning I'm feeling somewhat sympathetic towards the dementia mind.

@mab that's a weird one. Must be something in the air or perhaps it's just a side effect of living in the world of dementia. I had a weird dream too (in fact I have many weird dreams) I was in a hotel somewhere and I was trying to do something, can't remember what but things kept happening on the ground floor. I remember a tidal wave and a mud flow and I know that the other side of the building was in danger of collapse. I can't remember what I was trying to do but it may have had something to do with tidying up. I woke up anyway.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
No respite from the dementia even when sleeping. Over the years I have had some very strange dreams, nightmares too. I think it is partly due to my going to bed and being a little restless or worrying about some little thing.

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
No respite from the dementia even when sleeping. Over the years I have had some very strange dreams, nightmares too. I think it is partly due to my going to bed and being a little restless or worrying about some little thing.

Blimey yes @Tin I have just remembered one from a couple of days ago or maybe that was last night too. I was hanging onto the headboard for dear life while my feet were touching the ceiling. It was like something out of the Exorcist film. I was in my usual place in bed when I woke up.

No wonder I wake up tired most days.

mab

Mar 6, 2010
Surrey
You're so right @Tin. There's no respite even during sleep. What a great horror movie we could write :eek:

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
I always equated how dad in his dementia world must have felt most of the time when I awoke from horrible confusing making no sense dreams in that split second when you aren't sure if you are still dreaming or awake.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
You're so right @Tin. There's no respite even during sleep. What a great horror movie we could write :eek:

Steven King has that market covered. I read somewhere that most of his novels are based on his dreams, or what he thinks is lurking under his bed!