Where had my motivation gone?

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
That is so interesting! Thank you. OK, signed up. Now, what would you like to study/research for a little while and tell us about it?
Hello, Never mind the studying, lets have a freshman's ball! I'm sure all know what that is, when the new students go mad, drink to excess and then spend 3 days getting over their hangovers.
Sounds good! All I meant was, for example, on my walk to my OH home, I pass two bird individualists: a robin with a black circle around part of his head, and a blackbird with a white collar. I will be looking into these strange colourations. That would be my project for the day/week and I would tell you what I found if anyone interested. It's as simple as that, just about putting the mind somewhere other than dementia ...

EdgsonW

Jan 14, 2018
Bath
I'd drink to that john 1939. that's my birth year. Is it yours?
I do feel as though I'm having a hangover that won't quite go away. I'm-finding it harder to remember all the things as they all lose there significance especially as i am asked what day it is endless times, Cheers

john1939

Sep 21, 2017
Newtownabbey
Sounds good! All I meant was, for example, on my walk to my OH home, I pass two bird individualists: a robin with a black circle around part of his head, and a blackbird with a white collar. I will be looking into these strange colourations. That would be my project for the day/week and I would tell you what I found if anyone interested. It's as simple as that, just about putting the mind somewhere other than dementia ...
I'd drink to that john 1939. that's my birth year. Is it yours?
I do feel as though I'm having a hangover that won't quite go away. I'm-finding it harder to remember all the things as they all lose there significance especially as i am asked what day it is endless times, Cheers
Well, I will be 79 on 13th September, so if I am still around on that day I will raise a glass or two to all the carers on TP, Funny thing, it gets harder to tell if you are drunk the older you get as most of us have a slightly unsteady gait anyway. Regards.from Isla Negra..

maryjoan

Mar 25, 2017
South of the Border
We went out yesterday to Montacute House - never been before. One of the advantages of being a carer, is that you PWD can join the NT and you can have a carer's card and get in free. This is what we have done. My daughter who is also in the NT, took us, as we no longer have a car. and along came Little Jack.

Little Jack is only 28 months old, and a very cute little boy - although small for his age.

At the front of Montacute is a lawn on which several were playing, some with bubbles, some with balls. Jack had his football. I was brought up in a family of very keen footballers and followers of the game, but I have never seen a little dot like Jack, kick a ball so hard, and on the run as well. I don't even know who taught him, but there were other folks watching him with fascinated smiles on their faces - totally made my day.

My dear OH who has vascular dementia - we are not married, we have no children together, so he is not related to my dear daughter, and Little Jack, in fact, the relationship to me is askance as my daughter is adopted. So the pleasure in my poor ould fella's face was a treat when Little Jack was constantly calling him Grandad, was wonderful, as OH does not have grandchildren by his own two children.

It was very important to Little Jack for Grandad to know ( in the car coming home) that he had burst a balloon by squeezing it - such things are memories made of, at the time, if not to last. This is Little Jack taking a walk through the bluebells - just fading - bless his little heart.
33189406_10155191183466076_128696212533542912_n.jpg

Mudgee Joy

Dec 26, 2017
New South Wales Australia
We went out yesterday to Montacute House - never been before. One of the advantages of being a carer, is that you PWD can join the NT and you can have a carer's card and get in free. This is what we have done. My daughter who is also in the NT, took us, as we no longer have a car. and along came Little Jack.

Little Jack is only 28 months old, and a very cute little boy - although small for his age.

At the front of Montacute is a lawn on which several were playing, some with bubbles, some with balls. Jack had his football. I was brought up in a family of very keen footballers and followers of the game, but I have never seen a little dot like Jack, kick a ball so hard, and on the run as well. I don't even know who taught him, but there were other folks watching him with fascinated smiles on their faces - totally made my day.

My dear OH who has vascular dementia - we are not married, we have no children together, so he is not related to my dear daughter, and Little Jack, in fact, the relationship to me is askance as my daughter is adopted. So the pleasure in my poor ould fella's face was a treat when Little Jack was constantly calling him Grandad, was wonderful, as OH does not have grandchildren by his own two children.

It was very important to Little Jack for Grandad to know ( in the car coming home) that he had burst a balloon by squeezing it - such things are memories made of, at the time, if not to last. This is Little Jack taking a walk through the bluebells - just fading - bless his little heart.

What a fabulous image !!yes some special moment in each day - and we need to locate it!

kindred

Apr 8, 2018

How very very lovely, how wonderful! Thank you.

imsoblue

Feb 19, 2018

How old is Little Jack. I have a couple of grand girls that would love to play in that field with him. Also have a grand son who would be a great friend. Lovely lovely photo. Thanks for sharing!

PalSal

Dec 4, 2011
Pratteln Switzerland

Really lovely photo...such an UK image. Lovely

maryjoan

Mar 25, 2017
South of the Border
How old is Little Jack. I have a couple of grand girls that would love to play in that field with him. Also have a grand son who would be a great friend. Lovely lovely photo. Thanks for sharing!

Little Jack was just 2 in January, and is a total joy to us all - he has a sister Olivia, who is 6, and I think all grandparents are besotted with their grandchildren. But I also think in the awful situation anyone faces with dementia - the joy and innocence of small children is such a relief!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MonkeyFeet