PWD's exhaustion.....people's thoughts

Azay28

Nov 21, 2015
Hi all, jusrt wondered how people find the exhaustion of a PWD. My Mums definitely has got worse. Everything she does seems such a huge effort. She cant walk very far without having to sit down. I do use a folding wheelchair when she find a it hard. Indoors is the same :Washing her hair,getting her shoes and coat on etc etc. She has been recently checked out at hospital after a funny turn and everything is fine. I had heard this a common part of dementia,do you agree?
Thanks in advance

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
I'd say the opposite, some of them just won't sit down. There are a few in the home that sit in chairs all day but they tend to be immobile, the rest spend all day wandering around, it wear me out watching them.
I don't know where they find the energy, some refuse to eat, stay up all night and are still walking round the next day.
In the early stages my wife didn't like doing things like shower or wash and claimed she was tired but this later turned into physical resistance to washing, dressing and eating. The eating problem stopped but she still shouts when the carers change her or shower her.
K

Starter

Oct 10, 2015
Obviously everyone is different, but my mum has been exhausted since she was diagnosed three years ago. She has had every physical test and there’s nothing wrong, so we can only attribute it to Alzheimer’s .

Pipeth

Jan 13, 2018
Northamptonshire
My Husband is currently constantly tired and slow, doesn't stop his sundowning though,pacing up and down the garden, doing his locking up routine, forgetting he has done it and going around double double checking, until falling exhausted onto the sofa and sleeping, until I wake him to go to bed.

myss

Jan 14, 2018
My dad is sort-of a combination of both. He wanders around the house during the night, then early morning he's found somewhere to sleep, usually the sofa, and I thought it was because of this when he eats or does tasks during the day, quite often afterwards he falls asleep pretty quickly.

Azay28

Nov 21, 2015
Thanks everyone. Looks like you are either one or the other or both (wanderer/exhausted)!!!. I have spent the odd night at Mums and would say she isn't a wanderer ......yet!