Can we have a "Like" tab for our posts?

Norfolk Cherry

Feb 17, 2018
The reason I ask is that I've found it to be tremendously supportive on another site I use to help me with a different issue. It makes you aware that people out there are reading and sympathising, even though they may not feel they can write a response.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I can understand why you want this, but please dont.
Another site that I use has recently changed to this and it has completely changed the sites dynamics. You find a bit of your brain wondering whether people will "like" your post and even if you try and stamp down on it I find it influences what I post. There is also a (probably small) percentage of members who seem to be posting simply in order to obtain likes. IMO the site has started to feel somewhat artificial

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
I’ve often thought that a “like” button might be useful. But if we had a “like” button we possibly would need other buttons... and then words would not be needed and even though the written word can be read in different ways by people, I still feel words are better than buttons

I don’t think I would like the site to become like other sites. all I know is that this site isn’t like other sites. It’s unique in the way people show support,

rather than pressing a button... Typing HUGS is just as quick as pressing a button and in my opinion is more personal

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
This site is for help and support and a button just won’t do that.
I can’t think of many threads that would be helped by a quick ‘like’ being pressed.
It is the interaction here that makes it special.

lemonjuice

Jun 15, 2016
England
Rtaher like 2jays
I’ve often thought that a “like” button might be useful.
but also as canary says here
Another site that I use has recently changed to this and it has completely changed the sites dynamics. You find a bit of your brain wondering whether people will "like" your post and even if you try and stamp down on it I find it influences what I post. There is also a (probably small) percentage of members who seem to be posting simply in order to obtain likes. IMO the site has started to feel somewhat artificial
I also post on another site and the Likes' does change the dynamics.

So much better to do like Saffie says
It is the interaction here that makes it special.
somehow having to actually post and interact is more special and probably more useful.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Yes, and as one who had my knuckles rapped recently I would prefer that than the blandness of a tick box. We think differently, we respond differently and the people we are caring for present in different ways so a variety of responses and opinions is more useful than just a "like".

Batsue

Nov 4, 2014
Scotland
I think that a like button may make people less inclined to actually reply to posts as it is much easier to click like than think of what to write.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
I would not appreciate a 'like' button. Think we are here to help and support each other. Reading what people post and answering or not, does not mean that we do not care. If I posted and then it was followed by a lot of 'likes' no, not for me .I want to know that our experiences are shared and understood and if I post something specific it is so comforting when someone posts back with a similar experience, or just 'I know what you mean'

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Yes, and as one who had my knuckles rapped recently I would prefer that than the blandness of a tick box. We think differently, we respond differently and the people we are caring for present in different ways so a variety of responses and opinions is more useful than just a "like".
*likes*

Rosettastone57

Oct 27, 2016
The reason I ask is that I've found it to be tremendously supportive on another site I use to help me with a different issue. It makes you aware that people out there are reading and sympathising, even though they may not feel they can write a response.

Let's not make this site another Facebook...