Guilt

totallyconfused

Apr 18, 2016
Guilt over not trusting my gut that something was wrong and getting her help sooner

Guilt over not knowing the right thing to do at the right time all the time

Guilt over not understanding the effects of a UTI on an Alzheihmers patient

Guilt over telling her to go back to bed for a while longer because I was tired myself

Guilt over telling her sister she couldn't stay here because my mother doesn't like people staying long or over night

Guilt over introducing a visiting schedule due to my siblings coming and going as they pleased

Guilt over reducing my siblings visits to once a week because my mother had a breakdown and said she couldn't handle all the visits anymore

yak55

Jun 15, 2015
Guilt over not trusting my gut that something was wrong and getting her help sooner

Guilt over not knowing the right thing to do at the right time all the time

Guilt over not understanding the effects of a UTI on an Alzheihmers patient

Guilt over telling her to go back to bed for a while longer because I was tired myself

Guilt over telling her sister she couldn't stay here because my mother doesn't like people staying long or over night

Guilt over introducing a visiting schedule due to my siblings coming and going as they pleased

Guilt over reducing my siblings visits to once a week because my mother had a breakdown and said she couldn't handle all the visits anymore
I’m so sorry that you feel such a weight of guilt on your shoulders.
There’s nothing I can say to change that but please just know that you are doing the best you can for your Mum, nobody can do better than that.
I wish you all the best and send a virtual hug, you are amazing x

Rolypoly

Jan 15, 2018
Please know that you are not alone, I too suffer a lot of guilt, some similar to yours. I do try and tell myself I’m doing the best I can but I don’t always believe myself. Maybe guilt is part and parcel of being a carer and a result of extra responsibility for another person. We do what we can to the best of our ability, and that’s all we can ask of ourselves. Please don’t beat yourself up, you are doing a great job so give that guilt monster a good hard poke with a very sharp stick. Sending you a (((hug))).