royal wedding

mumsgone

Dec 23, 2015
So here we are then on a glorious day with the royal wedding to look forward to. These are the days that are hard something my mum and I would have loved to sit and watch together and it's not to be. Just when you thinks times are getting easier something comes and bites you on the bum !!! So many things I wish I could share with her but will now be spending the day doing everything to avoid it !!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
So many things I wish I could share with her but will now be spending the day doing everything to avoid it !!

That`s so sad @mumsgone

I miss sharing with my husband, not only big occasions but small and insignificant things too . However I`ll be watching the wedding from start to finish. I`m not the most ardent royalist but I love the breath of fresh air William and Harry have brought to the monarchy and think they and their wives will do the monarchy nothing but good. They may have privileged lives but they do show compassion in their choice of charity.

I also think we do these state occasions better than anyone.

I`m becoming more accepting of Royalty when I compare them with other countries around the world and what their leaders have to offer.

Try to watch it mumsgone. I feel my husband is with me in spirit and perhaps your mum will be too.

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
My OH doesn't like watching these things however I do and am impressed that the guests can be seated so early and not need the toilet! Lovely outfits but also some a bit strange. Lovely day so gardening afterwards and then cup final I don't support either team but have watched each year since a child. Shame the weather couldn't have been like this for my nephew's wedding last week.

If you watch it mumsgone try and enjoy it even though it won't be the same. I find a few similar times when I think mum and dad...both gone...would have liked seeing something.

BIWO

Sep 1, 2016
Bedfordshire
So here we are then on a glorious day with the royal wedding to look forward to. These are the days that are hard something my mum and I would have loved to sit and watch together and it's not to be. Just when you thinks times are getting easier something comes and bites you on the bum !!! So many things I wish I could share with her but will now be spending the day doing everything to avoid it !!

I watched the wedding with interest - I was thinking what would my dear old Mum have thought - we used to discuss the day, the dress and the outfits - sadly brings home the 'loss' when these events come around. I was thinking about her tales of watching the coronation on the neighbours TV, when they all crowded around a small screen. I took the view that this will be the last royal wedding with the 'pomp and circumstance' for many a year and to soak up the 'history of the event'

lemonjuice

Jun 15, 2016
England
Another one here, who in days gone by would have had to go to my mother's and be glued to the telly for the wedding, with my mother's caustic comments about all the fashions. Strange how one can now miss those. :(

Bless him, but I must have said something to my husband about it being 'bittersweet' and as it was lunchtime he sat and watched it with me. :D

Last edited:

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
I watched the wedding too. I was invited down to a friend's house to watch, something I was grateful for. It would have been something Roger and I would have watched together and chatted about. Not the same chatting to the dog!

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan