Still dealing with the loss after so long

Daffy123

Feb 1, 2018
Grief is like an onion. There are layers of it. You peel one layer and then there is another. It does slowly get better, although even when grief has passed you end up still missing a loved ones presence.

Greyone

Sep 11, 2013
UK
I have always had cats and Tia my tabby is now 17 and can certainly recommend cats if you like them.She is a lap cat so often especially in dull winter seeks out my company which is a nice feeling. During tough times I often blubbed and having Tia gave something else to focus on and even if I was moaning she responded with purring:D. I also love with cats that they can also be aloof so aren't needy and provided they are fed and watered would be happy for anyone to feed them. In the nicer weather watching her in the garden while I am out there gives me and her pleasure. Work wise a dog could work but could be difficult for the dog if alone all day without company and the need for walks and peeing but a friend organises dog walkers while she is at work.
Its a funny thought, i was having a long and slow breakfast sitting outside with [orridge, then tea, then toast then more tea and one of the local black cats came up to make friends. It took me back to when mum was around because she always encouraged them and made a fuss of them. So yes you both, i would like a cat but not till i retire so we can be together.

Elaine68

Jul 20, 2017
Sheffield
Hi Greyone,
It's been a while since we had a chat how are you doing? I am still plodding on things are getting better I think I am finding me again after so long of caring I feel free and that is said in a nice way.
After bringing a family up and then caring for mum and then my Gordon I lost me somewhere among it all so I am enjoying doing things I like now.
Playing loud music dancing around the house like someone who's lost their mind but it keeps me going I get a few funny looks from my 2 dogs they think I am mad.
Life is for living so I am living it and having fun on the way just being me.
Best wishes
Elaine68

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan