Losing faith in my nans care home

Becs26

Jan 26, 2012
My nan has been in a care home for just over a year, all was fine to start. Over Christmas they lost a lot of residents, then several good members of staff have moved on also. It seems to be going downhill to the point I want to put a spy camera in her room. Lately there have been things that I am unhappy with but Today the worst by far I found her in the worst state literally From her knees to chest soaking in her own urine!
I wanted to take her home with me but I know I can’t!
Don’t know what to do! Does any one have a camera on their loved one? Thanks in advance!

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
I dont think covert cameras are allowed. If you lack that much faith, maybe you need to think about moving her.

is she self funded ?

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
I think if it were me, I would talk to management first, and if I was not satisfied, then I would get in touch with CQC. It is a horrible position to be in, because our loved ones are so vulnerable. Are there any other relatives of residents there that you know? Do you think it might have been a one off? Though you do say there have been a number of incidents that you are not happy with.
Sorry, I am not familiar with your situation, have you discussed this with your parents?

Becs26

Jan 26, 2012
This Is my mother’s mum and she has nothing to do with my nan so it’s Down to me to decide. I have talked to the manager and have asked for a few changes on her care plan. My concern is that what I am being told is she is becoming ‘difficult’ ‘uncooperative’ ‘refusing personal care’. This is not my nan. She is easily ‘persuaded’ to do things if you approach her in a way she is responsive to. This is what I want to check on.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife