Laddo

sammyb

Sep 19, 2007
Nottingham
My brother drove up from Canterbury yesterday morning so he was with me all yesterday (although not at night) and will be with me for 2 more days yet and then our lass is returning from New Zealand on Thursday. She has only been there 8 weeks at the start of a 2 year contract. What a dreadful thing to have to come home for.

I have been pinned in the house since last Tuesday so my brother and I took little Jack (my dog) in the car this afternoon and drove to the Cromford Canal and walked part of the towpath - one of mine and my laddo's first and favourite walks. It helped to be out in the fresh air.

It remains fantastic for me ( and I know it was for him) that my laddo was medication free at the end and did not have any of the 'end' drugs. He just slipped away as I had hoped and prayed for.

love from sammyb

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Oh Sammy...

Cromford Canal and walked part of the towpath - one of mine and my laddo's first and favourite walks. It helped to be out in the fresh air.

In Derbyshire?....That's where Eric and I spent our "courtship" years together..

We used to take a picnic on my day off..and walk the towpath...

Once we saw a mole coming up and making a molehill..

We /I too have treasured memories of that place.

Thanks, Sammy..I'm so sad about your loss...

But thankful as you are that your Laddo was peaceful at his passing...

Love gigi xx

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Sammy,

I am sorry for your loss and pleased that your laddo had such a peaceful passing.

It's good that your brother is there to support you at this very sad time, it will be hard on your lass. I wish you and your family all the strength needed in the coming weeks.

Caring Thoughts,

Taffy.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
It remains fantastic for me ( and I know it was for him) that my laddo was medication free at the end and did not have any of the 'end' drugs. He just slipped away as I had hoped and prayed for.

This is lovely in its own way. I do hope the same thoughts stay with David and me at the end.

Love Jan