where's our key box !?!

bert

Jul 9, 2008
birmingham
hi there all. im going back to work next week and things are sort of improving at home. the carers are now calling around 9am and have managed to get my dad in the shower a couple of times but some days arent getting in at all. we're waiting for a key box to be fitted outside the house, but the social worker is on a fortnights holiday so theyre saying nothing can happen until she comes back. ive just left a message with another department to see if anyone can do something in her absence so we'll see what happens. also, we're waiting for hand rails for the stairs to go in but yet another delay! its annoying.:(
i went to my first monthly carers meeting at the local AS and will be going again. there were about 10 present of different ages and it was great to exchange stories, advice etc. the local AS has been great these past few weeks, in fact without it and TP i think id be climbing the walls!

bert:)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Good to hear things are becoming more manageable Bert.

Can only the one social worker help you get your key safe fitted? :rolleyes:

Good luck at work next week.

Love xx

bert

Jul 9, 2008
birmingham
thanks sylvia. i met the morning carer a few minutes ago and he said he would mention it to the team leader this afternoon, so fingers crossed

Charlyparly

Nov 26, 2006
Lancashire
Hi Bert,

Hopefully, you may have sorted this by now – or at least be on your way to getting it sorted. If not, please contact Social Services again and insist that somebody makes arrangements for your Mum’s key safe to be fitted asap.

You do not have to wait for the allocated worker to return from leave, but if they tell you this again, ask them to put you through the duty officer who will HAVE to deal with it.

:)

bert

Jul 9, 2008
birmingham
thanks charlyparly. its still not sorted but i'll be on the phone tomorrow again but its a bank holiday weekend so i cant see anything happening. if not i'll be on the phone at 9am on tuesday.
a man came round yesterday from occupational health at 2pm to assess my dad cooking etc after he had came in from the pub. i read the report when i got back saying how my dad "was safe and independent" etc. however, the previous day i got back to the house to find my dad lying on the kitchen floor with a fry up and cup of tea on the sideboard. the tea was luke warm so he hadnt been there long. he had a cut on his elbow but after an hour or so he was ok. in previous threads ive mentioned his drinking and am v. concerned about him and THE GAS. meals on wheels just wont work, he doesnt understand what its all about. he wont eat in the pub, its just completely alien to him. i may have to get a lock for the cooker and arrange for someone to come in and cook for him. however, as he is confused with the time( going round to the pub at 9 or 10 in the morning thinking its open) this again will be a problem! if the man from occ. health had visited the day before i dont think the report would be so glowing. im back at work next week and i really dont know what to do:(

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Bert

I`d get back to occupational health and tell them you are unhappy with their decision as your father is so unpredictable. One day he can be OK and another day he can be at risk.