Life without him....

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Your Christmas sounds the best it could have been @Rageddy Anne. I'm so pleased for you.

I hope 2018 will bring you contentment and good health. xx
How are you Grannie G? I often think of you.
The cancer charities are better funded than the Dementia ones, and one of them offered me the Indian head massage you discovered in India... How I wish I'd been able to arrange one for Rob....I'm sure it would have soothed him.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Hi Anne - lovely to hear from you, and that you can remember the nice bits of Rob.

I hope all the associated issues relating to your op are progressing in a positive manner.

I have wondered from time to time how you are getting on.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
I'm glad you are well and enjoying an Indian head massage, Anne. We are plodding on and getting back to normal after a difficult winter, thanks for asking.

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Hi Anne - lovely to hear from you, and that you can remember the nice bits of Rob.

I hope all the associated issues relating to your op are progressing in a positive manner.

I have wondered from time to time how you are getting on.
ThankyouJM. I still think of you when I see cyclists struggling up our hills!
I remember you Anne & it’s lovely to see you posting.[/QUOTEHello Cat....

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Dear Anne, I remember you well, remember Rob, and it is lovely to hear from you. So often I have thought about you wondering how you are, I do hope your health is better despite the tiredness.

Yes it is hard when it stops... no more care home visiting, which as you say becomes a second home. I found myself missing the staff who were so supportive - several attended Henry's funeral. I thought I would visit them sometime after the funeral but apart from my health issues permanently preventing that, I discovered I could not do it even had I been able. Felt bad about that although have been in touch with Henry's named nurse with him from he went there and she attended Henry's funeral.

That has stopped though, she had talked of visiting me, but I do understand. Her Dad in another care home after years of home care died late last year, then 15 weeks later her brother about 50 died. Unexpected, sudden. A friend of a friend who knows her told me she was devastated. I did write to her but... I am forever grateful for all she did and her genuine caring for and about Henry, her support to me.

We were married a similar length of time, three months short of 58 years when Henry died. This September it would have been 60 years.

But I meant to write about you, not me.

But now I can look back with a differen perspective, because Dementia was only a part of his busy and varied life, and he lives on in family folklore.

That is lovely to read. Thank you for coming here and your update and I hope 2018 continues well for you, thanks for remembering us. It has been a joy to hear from you.

Every best wish and love
Loo xxx

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hello Rageddy Anne I remember you.
My mum passed away about a year ago. Im glad that you are plodding on - life with no emergencies sounds lovely!
IIm sure you must still be feeling tired
xx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Hello RA. Yes, it takes a long time to get out of the daily routine of nursing home visiting and I found I missed what had over 3 years become my second family. I haven’t found ways of filling them either even after nearly four years. I have plenty of clearing to do but not the will to do it!
I hope you are feeling much better now and that all is well healthwise.
I hope we meet up again sometime.x

Last edited:

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Hi Anne, nice to see you back! I’m still here, three years in July since OH died. It’s just like a friendly club!
Hope you’ve recovered from your op as well!

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
Oh, what a lovely surprise to hear from you again! It was just a couple of days ago that I was wondering how you are. Have you recovered from your op? It sounds as if you are able to focus on happy memories of Rob...I am so very pleased for you.

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Hello RAnne - so nice to hear from you - I have been thinking of you a lot and hoping you are OK, hun xxxxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
How are you Grannie G? I often think of you.

I'm well thank you Anne. Still trying to get as much from life as possible but also happy to be at home , by myself, with myself.

I hope your surgery has been 100% successful and a time will come when you are able to look ahead.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aliso