Nan- At peace

88alli

Jan 11, 2007
Cumbria.England
Hello Everyone.
Just to let you know Nan passed away this morning at 09.30 very peacefully, with Richard, myself and Brenda from AZ society. Brenda has been a rock to us all. She used to take Nan out to her own home to see her lovely garden. She came to visit this morning with a lovely sunflower and told Nan it was to bring some sunshine on a gloomy day. Nan only a few minutes later simply stopped breathing. She has gone and is in no more pain and is at peace. How she lasted so long after last Tuesday is amazing. She had a will of iron and we decided as frail as she was, she wasn't giving up without a fight. That was her!!
It's a sad time and we are all going to miss her very much but are thankful she died in a peaceful, humane state with her loved ones around her.
Thank all of you for your support over all these months.
With Love and very best wishes,
Diane and Richard.
XX

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Diane and Richard

Please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your Nan. It seems the circumstances of her passing were a blessing to you and to her.

We will be here for you, should you need, in the difficult days ahead.

Love and best wishes

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
What a wonderful way to leave this world - peacefully and with loved ones around. My deepest sympathies at this sad time but I hope you get comfort in knowing you did your utmost.

Love Jan

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Diane and Richard

What a beautiful ending to Nan's life. I'm sure the image of that sunflower travelled with her on her journey.

She is at peace now, and you have time to catch your breath and take stock, hopefully remembering the good times.

With love,

think pink

Aug 1, 2008
Teesside
Please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your Nan.
It must be a relief to know that you were all there and it was peaceful.
Love and best wishes

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Diane and Richard

Please accept my deepest sympathy and sincere condolences for the loss of Nan.

Love xx

jackie1

Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire
What a moving image, it is like your nan went to sleep with the sun shining on her.

My heart goes out to you and your family at this time.

Love
Jackie
xx

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Dear Diane and Richard,

Thankyou for letting us know about Nan...

It was so peaceful and natural...

Hoping your happy memories sustain you...

And my condolences on your loss of a treasured one...

Love gigi xx

LIZ50

Mar 23, 2008
Hampshire
Dear Diane and Richard

So sorry to hear your news but pleased that her passing was peaceful and that you were with her.
Love Liz xx

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Diane and Richard,

I'm sorry for your families sad loss

Deepest Sympathy

Love Taffy.

bert

Jul 9, 2008
birmingham
im sorry to hear about your nan but hopefully you can take comfort that she passed away peacefully with her family around her

bert

x

88alli

Jan 11, 2007
Cumbria.England
Many thanks

Thanks all of you for your kind thoughts. We have been feeling so weird this past day or so. All the past two weeks have been spent rushing to and fro from her bedside. Now there seems a big void. We are doing things that have to be seen to and going into her house is very hard. But it all has to be done. Funeral is set for next Wednesday. Chose her casket today. She didn't like wood ones and when we saw the woven willow we decided on that. She was always a bit different and didn't go along with all the ususal things in life, so we thought she would apreciate something like her-a bit different!!

Thanks again for all your kindness.
Take care.
Love Diane and Richard.
XX

May

Oct 15, 2005
Yorkshire
My deepest sympathy. Wishing you strength to face the coming days, take time for yourselves to grieve.